Job description / Role
• Undertake review and monitor the production of Architectural design by consultants and oversee the supervision consultant with regard to architecture, finishing tasks and schedules ensuring on time and on quality completion.
• Provide management oversight of architectural engineering tasks and activities to ensure all relevant procedural requirements are fulfilled for delivering quality solutions on the assigned project.
• Track and record all Architectural Engineering requirements as per technical specifications, cost estimations and monitor allocation and execution of work to/by consultants, contractors and sub-contractors.
• Monitor progress on key performance indicators and provide appropriate guidelines to consultants and subcontractors.
• Follow guidelines and systems for reporting at project site to track progress, project costs and quality.
• Support the project Management team on a daily basis to monitor work progress, monitor for variances and assist in corrective action with matters concerning Architectural engineering.
• Oversee the supervision consultant to implement standardized guidelines for day to day quality checks and site inspections.
• Ensure appropriate usage and application of the Project Management System (PMS) with respect to entry and analysis of work related data for day to day functioning to facilitate seamless communication of all relevant (technical/non-technical) information across the organization on a real time basis for maximum effectiveness.
• Synergize with the project commissioning team to ensure that all projects are meticulously commissioned to deliver world class standards of quality.
• Ensure that standard methodologies are applied and provided in accordance with the PMP.
• Serve as the focal point in the Project Management team for all daily matters concerning design, quality and documentation of Architectural and Finishing works.
• Acquire a detailed understanding of contract documents (drawings and specifications), phasing plans, systems interrelationships, construction sequencing, HSE specifications and project schedules.
• Evaluate inventory of FF&E items and reviewing schedule for delivery of items as may be required by the client.
• Review and resolve day to day contractors’ claims and complaints related to Architectural work which may arise during construction and ensure that contractors adhere to HSE regulations on the assigned project.
• Direct and control the activities of Architectural consultants to ensure alignment with QPM procedures/service agreements and that the concerned consultants and contractor provide technical submittals/ relevant documentation on time.
• In conjunction with the supervision consultant oversee repairs and resolution of all architectural faults.
• Assist the project management team in negotiations with contractors regarding the value of claims or changes in schedules and prepare recommendations on claims - approval or rejection on assigned project.
• Work with project management team for in compliance with the PMP to carrying out various tasks such as documentation, MIS and project monitoring.
• Assist in development of RFPs/Tenders by QPM as part of the procurement process for assigned project.
• Monitor Architectural estimates prepared by the Project Quantity Surveyor.
• Coordinate with QA and HSE managers to ensure compliance of all Architectural engineering activities with all Quality and HSE requirements
• Collaborate with other technical disciplines in the QPM technical team.
• Keep abreast with latest innovations in the architectural and finishing function.
• 12+ years post graduate work experience. 5 of these years must be involved in high rise tower projects
• Bachelor Degree in Architecture
• Professionally Registration is a requirement
• Design Review experience must be extensive
• Understanding of how Architectural work integrates with disciplines such as MEP, Electrical etc.
• Best practices in architectural design and engineering
• Thorough understanding of overall construction engineering disciplines
• Management of Design Consultants
• Understanding of HSE, Cost management and project control techniques
• Project management methodologies
• IT tools and systems supporting construction project management
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.