This position is closed or expired.
See other Civil Engineering jobs
Area Delivery Manager – Roads and Drainage Project
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff
Parsons Brinckerhoff has been appointed the program management consultant for the construction of more than 200 local roads and drainage projects in Qatar. The project is part of a strategy to develop roads, drainage and infrastructure networks throughout the country. Parsons Brinckerhoff will manage and coordinate all interfaces with the client and stakeholders and will oversee the general engineering consultants for each of the five geographic zones comprising Qatar. The local roads and drainage project is scheduled to take between five to seven years and we have just completed our first anniversary on the project. Qatar is one of the fastest growing countries in the world, do you want to have an involvement in this then apply today.
We are currently looking to recruit an Area Delivery Manager to manager the General Engineering Consultant on one of the projects who will serve as their primary point of contact for project delivery. The ADM will report directly to the Programme Director for the PMC and must be familiar with the entire life cycle of project delivery to include project planning, design, tender, construction, operations and decommissioning.
• The ADM is expected to work collaboratively with the GECs in resolving project delivery issues.
• The ADM will direct the activities of and be supported by Project Managers who will act as the point of contact for individual GEC Project Mangers.
• The ADM will draw functional support in a matrixed fashion from a delivery team that comprises Programme Systems, Design & Stakeholders, and Construction and Logistics.
• Once contractors have been appointed, interfaces with and between the contractors, the GECs, and the PMC will be managed through the ADM.
• The ADM will work collaboratively with the client in order to obtain approvals
Qualifications and Experience
BSc and Professional Chartered Engineer is a must
Minimum of 20 years post grad experience
Experience of working within a PMC
Must have at least 10 years experience of working on major roads and drainage experience ideally with international experience
About the Company
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff is one of the world\'s leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We bring together a unique pool of technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. The depth of our expertise and advice spans across the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With approximately 36,500 talented people in 500 offices across 40 countries, we are uniquely positioned to deliver successful and sustainable projects, wherever our clients need us.