Job description / Role
Location: Raffles Doha & Fairmont Doha
Reports to: Executive Director Housekeeping
- Internal: All Departments
- External: Clients-Travel Agent-Suppliers-Contractors-Authorities
The Assistant Director of Housekeeping is responsible for maintaining Raffles Doha & Fairmont Doha standards and the cleanliness in all suites and public areas, back of house areas and service areas. He / She will manage the day to day operation providing supervision, direction and leadership where necessary and to monitor efficient and optimum levels of service standards. H e/She will use creative and innovating ways to enhance guest experience and pro-actively meet with guests to ensure that the level of satisfaction and all KPI are maintained. The Assistant Director of Housekeeping will act and keep the guest's perspective in mind and is to perform all duties in accordance with Raffles Doha & Fairmont Doha policies and carry out the mission of the Housekeeping Department as well as the companies values & vision.
- Assist the Executive Director Housekeeping in all phases of housekeeping activities.
- Report to shift on time in issued uniform in a neat, clean and tidy appearance at all times and ensure, supervised that the subordinates are well groomed.
- Arrange departmental weekly rosters including vacation planning and schedule them according to business level and forecast.
- Responsible for controlling expenses and keeping expenses in line with the budget.
- Participate to the budgeting exercise.
- Responsible for ensuring staffing needs and daily assignments in accordance with occupancy.
- Manage rotational or periodic cleaning programs and regular inspections of suites and public areas, back of the house areas, and service areas.
- Conduct daily briefing to subordinates in the absence of the Executive Director Housekeeping
- Check all the suites on arrival under his/her care daily, to ensure departmental and Forbes 5-Star standard of cleanliness, maintenance and sanitation. This spot check may either be following a routine check out suite cleaning, in house guest suite cleaning or turn down service.
- Randomly check rooms and fill scoring check list daily to be able to give feedback to both supervisors and attendant.
- Maximize suite inspection productivity to enhance high standards of cleanliness and minimize outstanding defects and repairs.
- Establish, implement and monitor the maintenance and repair program of guest suites and rooms. Ensure that repair request is being processed and monitor
- Ensures that VIP arrivals and in-house requirements are dealt with, including final VIP suite inspection and amenity check. Liaise with Front Office for special requests.
- Constantly inspect housekeeping areas and ensure cleanliness, tidiness and safe. Maintain pleasing environment for guests.
- Randomly check floor pantries to ensure the inventories are properly stocked with par level, cleaned and tidied.
- Assist the Executive Director Housekeeper to deal with all contractors or suppliers (when applicable).
- Assisting in special projects, refurbishments and renovations if required.
- Leads by example. Maintains a positive, cooperative work environment & good communication with all related departments and management.
- Leads by example. Promotes a work environment where team members feel valued, involved, appreciated and safe.
- Assist in training of team members pertaining to equipment handling, cleaning techniques and chemical use.
- Observe team member performance and identify training needs.
- Evaluate team member performance, through daily scoring check lists.
- Perform and document regular appraisal and evaluation of performances.
- Responsible to motivating, disciplining and counseling team members when applicable.
- Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guest, maintain positive guest relations and ensure guest satisfaction at all times.
- Schedule & conduct refresh training to ensure emergency procedures, health & safeties as well as hygiene rules are strictly followed to avoid health and safety hazards and injury.
- Document and follow-up on employees' files.
- Keep open communication with management & subordinates.
- Use creative and participate to the recognition program of subordinates.
- Escalate to higher management any difficult situations or problems.
- Responsible to keep records of special cleaning and maintenance up to date.
- Responsible to keep record of contractors / supplier's interventions.
- Respect the privacy of guests & colleagues' information.
- Remain well-mannered and well-groomed as per department and company standard.
- Participate in the hotel recycling program and encourage team members to reduce, re-use and recycle.
- Perform any other duties and task as required by Assistant Director - Rooms and Executive Housekeeper - Rooms.
- Post graduate in hotel management school
- Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in a similar role
- Familiar with the Qatar Labor Market.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Proven training skills.
- Good business practice.
- People management knowledge.
- Abilities &Technically Competent Requirements:
- Positive attitude, pro-active approach
- Fluent in English writing & verbal communicating
- Professional appearance.
- Ability to function well as part of a team.
- Able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer skills required (Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word).
- Knowledge and experience in maintaining material, fabric and flooring.
- Able to interact with guest respectfully, naturally and efficiently.
- Aware of FLHSS (Fire, Life, Health & safety, Security) standards.
- Diligent attention to safety.
- Full understanding of Raffles Doha and Fairmont Doha vision and values.
Skills / Abilities / Presence:
Is dedicated to meeting expectation and all requirements for both external and internal guests. Act with customers in mind.
Developing Direct Reports:
Construct, provide and execute challenging assignments. Encourage and support development.
Drive for results:
Consistently push for results. Bottom line oriented, can be counted on to exceed goals.
Based on analysis, experience and judgment to look for accurate solutions and inform superiors.
Focus on important issues. Create focus.
Set and assign clear goals and measure progress and results consistently.
Figure out and simplify processes, work flows, to get things done. Get more out fewer resources.
Get things done quietly. Set company core values and is reliable during good and tough time. Is widely trusted. Admit flaws.
Open to changes, analyses successes and failures. Seek for solutions and improvement. Enjoy challenges. Deal well with ambiguity and uncertainty.
Is personally committed to and actively works to improve him/her. Understand that different situations call for different skills and approaches; work to deploy strengths and work on compensating for weakness and limits. Pick up on the need to change personal, interpersonal, and managerial behavior and seeks feedback.
Is cool under pressure and do not become defensive or irritated when under pressure. Able to set influence in a crisis.
Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support and time) to get things done. Is able to orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Use resources and time effectively and efficiently.
Probe all fruitful sources for answers. Can see hidden problems. Look beyond the obvious and do not stop at the first answer.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
The duties require:
- Work inside and continuously walk and around all public areas of the hotels.
- Possess good manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment.
- Respond to visual and aural cues.
- Require to standby in case of emergency
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.