Job description / Role
The Assistant Guest Service Manager assists the Guest Service Manager in the management of the Guest Services team. The Assistant Guest Service Manager is required to demonstrate humility in leadership of the team, be technically sound on Front Office software, prides the team on flair in service delivery, be a poised communicator, has an inquisitive spirit, creative mind to curate fresh experiences and a sense of responsibility to uphold the Raffles Brand. In joining the team for a pre-opening journey, the Assistant Guest Service Manager has to be ready to embody a tenacious and innovative spirit in building the team together with the leaders.
RAFFLES HOTELS AND RESORTS
An oasis for the well-travelled since 1887 reinterpreted for the 21st century traveler, Raffles has been synonymous with luxury, glamour and extraordinary service for well over a century. Born in Singapore, the brand has since extended its network all around the world, welcoming the influential community of each destination. Whether you come to drink, dine, celebrate or simply to unwind, the outstanding personalities working at Raffles know better than anyone else how to ensure that you "Arrive as a guest, Leave as a friend, and Return as family".
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Champions the guests' greeting experience upon arrival at the hotel
- In charge of housekeeping of driveway and management of vehicle flow
- Manages the overall limousine operation with focus on creating great service experiences and maximising revenues
- Maintains fruitful partnerships with limousine and valet vendors
- Takes responsibility and ownership in creating personal connections through emotional luxury between Raffles Ambassadors and guests
- Maintains communication channels with all departments of the hotel
- Curate arrival greeting experience and ensure adherence of service sequence
- Ready to cover all roles and functions of the Guest Services Team
- Assists other hotel department functions when the need arises
- Assist the Guest Service Manager in the management of the bellmen, doormen, valet team to ensure seamless arrival and departure experience for all guests
- Responsible for maintaining inventory levels, maintenance and general upkeep of equipment and operating supplies
- Appraise appearance, ensure discipline, and efficiency of all staff under direct supervision
- Assist to set out KPIs and deliverables for the year with the Guest Service Manager
- Create action plans and monthly overview of goals set out for the year with the Guest Service Manager
- Training and coordination with supporting departments
- Use data from given hotel systems to analyze areas of improvement and create action plans for the betterment of service
- Intuitively anticipates through observation and interactions guests' needs and wants and orchestrates unique experiences
- Promptly answers any in-house guest calls, instant messages and emails and communicates with respective departments in the resolution of guests' requests
- Fully understands the Front-of-House position and the whole department constantly renews and develops itself to make sure to keep up with the trends in hospitality industry
- Ensures service standards and individual performance are aligned with Accor Values - Guest Passion, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation and Respect.
- Addresses any security incidents and manages guest complaints and reacts proactively when suitable and appropriate while keeping Director of Front Office and Guest Service Manager informed
- Ensures guests receive the experience as detailed in brand Standard Operation Procedure (SOP), Raffles Doha Local Standard Operation Procedure (LSOP) as well as Forbes 5 star / Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) standards and aims to achieve the scores and goals set by management
- Performs any duties and special projects as requested by management whether in your own department or any other department in the hotel
- Follows Hotel Evacuation Policy in case of an Emergency
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in second language
- Manages all guests/team members' needs with equal drive
- Embodies a creative mind to curate new experiences whilst sourcing for the latest experiences in the region
- Carries an eye for detail and an approachable demeanor for all guests and team members
- Composed under pressure, makes rational decisions to resolve situations, delivered with a degree of professionalism
- Self-driven approach to carry out assigned responsibilities
- Ensures security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information in accordance to company/country's data security act
- Possesses good computer and property management system knowledge
- High level of integrity, enthusiasm, dedication for continuous improvement
- Embraces change and open-minded in a dynamic work environment
- Has an understanding of the middle eastern clientele and culture
- Has an understanding of key stakeholders in the luxury travel space
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.