Job description / Role
Rixos Qetaifan Island North
Opening mid 2022, Rixos Doha Qetaifan will comprise a 345-key hotel, along with a souq encompassing 11,000sq m of leasing space, a beach club, a theme park and a waterpark. The resort will boast panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf. Slated to make its debut right before the World Cup, Rixos plans to provide a platform for showcasing Qatar as a tourism destination. One of the country's biggest draws will be Qetaifan Island North's waterpark attraction The Icon Tower, the world's highest tower of its kind, reaching 82 metres in height.
Assistant Merchandise Manager - Waterpark
This Position is responsible for supporting the merchandise manager as requested to purchase, receive, the process returns, price, prepare and merchandise designated products and to ensure department staffing to meet goals for sales, margin, inventory turns, labor expense, sanitation, safety, and customer service to deliver a unique client experience through a 360-degree approach.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a unique and complex resort in Qatar
- Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Assist Merchandise Manager in production planning, development, and execution activities
- Purchase, receive, the process returns, price, prepare and merchandise designated products through approved suppliers and in compliance with established practices to achieve goals for sales, margin, inventory turns, and labor expense.
- Oversee merchandise support activities ensuring merchandise optimization in stores.
- To analyze sales and inventory data to determine consumer preferences to ensure the right products are procured to optimize opportunities.
- Adjust stock levels accurately and assist in the monthly physical inventory count.
- Assist in merchandise pricing and sales promotion activities to meet business goals.
- Communicate with vendors and counterparts for factory sourcing, capacity planning, order allocation, and costing analysis.
- Monitor stock levels by category and product to identify the fast/slow-moving items and work with the merchandise operations manager on action plans such as price changes / re-merchandising/cancellations or re-orders.
- Focus on inventory optimization.
- To reduce stock loss in store. Observes safety and security procedures. Reports any misuse or theft of stock to merchandising manager.
- Educate staff and vendors on the company's procedures and compliance.
- Monitor everyday sales and generate weekly sales reports for management.
- Assist in interviewing and recruiting candidates according to company requirements
- Supervise flow of merchandise to the sales floor.
- Develop merchandising displays for the sales floor
- Recommend merchandising concepts and ideas to meet sales targets.
- Assist in planning sales events, trade shows, marketing campaigns, and other product promotional activities.
- Guide merchandising planogram development in partnership with sales and product teams to optimize sales across product categories.
- Provide updates to the business with meetings, presentations, and weekly/monthly reports.
- To ensure outstanding presentation and visual merchandising standards are always maintained.
- Ensure the shop is tidy, clean, and full at the end of the day.
- Ensure all staff is kept up to date on changes to products, offers, and promotions.
- Ensure compliance with processes that remain efficient, effective, and streamlined
- Assist in updating all retail targets and communicating to the team.
- To ensure all HR policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Completing payroll activities, including sending new starters, employee changes, and leave information to HR accurately and on time.
Your experience and skills include:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent qualifications
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience - in Water Park.
- Worked in a fast pace, high-turnover organization.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Arabic Speaker will be preferred
- Good standard of numerical skills.
- Results and details oriented
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work well in stressful & high-pressure situations
- Ability to analyze selling reports, identify business trends, and react quickly to the needs of the business.
Your team & working environment:
At Accor, we are Heartists!
Are you ready to put your heart at the center of everything that you do? If so, then join our team of Heartists at Rixos Qetaifan Island, Every day, we look for opportunities to engage on a personal & meaningful way with our guests and each other. We deliver heartfelt hospitality in an environment that is engaging, enthusiastic and professionally rewarding!
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Merchandise Supervisor - Waterpark
Account Payable Executive
General Cashier & Paymaster