Job description / Role
Assistant Resident Engineer - Utilities
Through Parsons engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Qatar, Oman, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
Parsons is the Project Consultant for the construction supervision of a large prestigious infrastructure project in Qatar. The Work scope comprises roads, highway intersections, bridges and other structures, electrical (HV, MV and LV), potable water, sewerage (foul water) drainage, stormwater drainage networks and other utility/services networks such as Telecommunications, ITS, Micro Tunneling.
The Assistant Resident Engineer (Utilities) will assist the Resident Engineer in administering the operational functions of the day-to-day activities on the project concerning utility works. Will coordinate with various government departments, contractors, consultants and public to facilitate progress and avoid delays. He will also maintain logs of project progress, handing-over and final accounts. The Engineer at this level is a fully qualified professional, proficient in the utilization of most construction/engineering theories and practices. To arrange progress meetings for various utilities with the service authorities representative, minute them and distribute the records as required.
• Report to the Resident Engineer Utility and assist in supervising the construction of utility works and associated items.
• Act in place of the Resident Engineer Utility when on leave or absent.
• Chairs the meetings with the utility agencies and any other meetings delegated by the Resident Engineer Utilities.
• Coordinate his direct activities with the other engineers and members of the construction supervision team.
• Assist the Resident Engineer in reviewing of shop drawings, design proposals, method statements and other activities including correspondence related to the utility section and prepare replies for the review of the Resident Engineer.
• Coordinate with Parsons' design engineers for resolution of related issues.
• Maintain the daily diary and the daily reports by the inspectors.
• Coordinate with the contractor engineers on scheduling and application of resources.
• Direct, assist and monitor the performance of the inspectors and surveyors as applicable.
• Convene and chair special meetings with the service authorities, the contractor, subcontractors and other parties related to his work.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of records.
• Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project and oversee implementation of safety procedures on the project.
• Prepare / Assist in the preparation of Weekly and Monthly progress reports.
• Act positively and participate in all health and safety issues at the site, as required by the Resident Engineer and the project safety representatives.
• Provide all necessary on-site direction and assist the Resident Engineer to issue site instructions concerning utility works and associated items.
• Check and measure the performed work in his line of work, record and assist the Resident Engineer to display progress vs programmed work.
• Ensure correctness and completeness of ‘as-built’ drawings within his line of work.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering and 10 years postgraduate experience in design, site supervision and construction management of utilities in major highway projects. Registration with MME (Qatar) is mandatory to function as an Engineer in Qatar.
• Demonstrable experience in all aspects of civil supervision on major road, highway and general infrastructure projects preferably in the Gulf region.
• Emphasis on Quality Assurance Specifications and Statistical Quality Control.
• Should be able to review and justify the material submissions analyse laboratory and technical reports, carry out acceptance sampling plans, testing and quality measures, ensuring the compliance with the project’s Specifications.
• Must have a sound knowledge of contractual relationships.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
• Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
• Keep necessary records and as-built records and take charge of the handing over of the utility works to the respective service authorities and assist the contractor to obtain necessary final clearance.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.