Job description / Role
Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The Assistant Resident Engineer shall be responsible to assist the Resident Engineer to leading and supervise a team of multi engineering disciplines staff and contractor.
• Performs various field engineering assignments requiring the application of basic principles and fundamental theories as well as general industry practices.
• Receives and issues all approved construction drawings and specifications; ensures that all outdated documents are revised.
• Maintains construction drawing and specification files.
• Assists in eliminating any hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees.
• Helps ensure that personnel of the assigned group engage in safe work practices in compliance with site-specific safety procedures and industry standards.
• Assists in the preparation of construction work schedules.
• Maintains construction technical catalogs, supplier data, and other literature pertaining to the project.
• May provide functional guidance to craft personnel.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited University to the approval of the Engineer.
• A recognized Professional Qualification would be a distinct advantage.
• Minimum of 12 years post-graduate and demonstrable experience in all aspects of supervision out of which minimum of 7 years in works related to similar sewerage, surface & ground water open cut networks projects.
• Must demonstrate his/her experience in respect of the technical proposal’s evaluation and its constructability, technology deployment, solving the technical problems that may arise during construction
• It is an essential requirement to have previous experience in managing similar large-scale open cut and micro tunneling surface & ground water networks under Design & Build projects undertaken within the city.
• Experience must include all Health & Safety and Environmental Protection aspects of the construction and operation of deep underground structures works.
• Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
• Proactive acumen and an ability to manage work at multiple areas on site are essential.
• Computer skills are mandatory.
• Experience working in Qatar is required.
• Should have NOC to change sponsorship
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Senior Civil Engineer / Infrastructure Engineer - Wet Utilities
A Leading Company In Qatar
Resident Engineer - Drainage/Utilities
China Petroleum Pipeline Engineering Company Limited (CPP)
Senior Project Engineer/Project Manager