Job description / Role
Main Purpose of the Job:
The Assistant Resident Engineer will assist the Resident Engineer - Tunnels and construction supervision team in administering the day-to-day activities pertaining to the construction of the tunnel and underground structures.
* Assist the Resident Engineer in the supervision of structural and tunnel works.
* Coordinate supervision activities with the construction supervision team.
* Assist the Resident Engineer in reviewing shop drawings, design proposals and method statements
* Coordinate with design review team for resolution of issues pertaining to design
* Maintain a daily log and review daily reports being compiled by the inspectors
* Coordinate with the contractor on scheduling and resources
* Lead, assist and supervise the performance of inspectors and surveyors on site
* Lead meetings with the contractor and other parties related to his work.
* Ensure HSE goals are achieved and lead the implementation of HSE policies
* Participate in HSE issues as required by the Project Manager, Senior Resident Engineer and Resident Engineer - Tunnels
* Monitor and measure performed work; record and display progress vs. programmed work
* Ensure accuracy of as-built drawings in line with the projects requirements
Essential Candidate Requirements:
* Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited University to the approval of the Engineer. A recognised Professional Qualification would be a distinct advantage.
* Minimum 12 years demonstrable experience in all aspects of supervision of large diameter tunnelling projects and deep underground structures
* Experience must include all Health & Safety and Environmental Protection aspects of the construction and operation of large diameter tunnelling projects. S/He should be able to evaluate and monitor the progress of the Works in accordance with the submitted Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) along with the Cost Breakdown Structure and Resources Breakdown Structure
* Must have ability to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and experience in Primavera software is a must
* In Mott MacDonald, we have a strong policy ethical behaviour and expect the highest standards of ethical practice. These are at the core of our corporate values hence do not engage in any aspects of bribery or corrupt practice.
About the Company
The Mott MacDonald Group is a diverse management, engineering and development consultancy delivering solutions for public and private clients world-wide.
Mott MacDonald's uniquely diverse 1 billion global consultancy works across 12 core business areas.
As one of the world's largest employee-owned companies with over 14,000 staff, we have principal offices in nearly 50 countries and projects in 140.