Job description / Role
- To assist the Director of Sales & Marketing in the implementation of all Sales & Marketing related Policies & Procedures and adhere to Pullman Doha and Accor International Policies & Procedures.
- To develop, implement, maximize, monitor and evaluate objectives, strategies and activities of the events function to achieve and exceed forecasted revenue figures in Rooms (Groups) and Events.
- To champion the Events discipline within the Sales & Marketing department by leading the event team.
- Oversee the day to day events operation and and to achieve results by defining and improving areas to have better efficiency and effectiveness.
- Review the performance of the events team and provide feedback for achieving personal business objectives.
- Analyze the existing business and make forecast and take necessary tactical actions together with the Director of Sales and Marketing to achieve and exceed targets.
- Work closely with Director of Revenue for the groups yielding strategies.
- Prepare an annual budget for approval and administer that budget in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Establish and maintain rapport with clients, prior to, during and post conference, exceeding their expectations and encouraging repeat business
- Investigate new business opportunities and initiate ideas to generate additional revenue.
- Develop annual business plans for the department in conjunction with the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Ensure that function bookings, group resumes and event contract are prepared and distributed accurately and efficiently.
- Ensure meeting and function rooms are properly maintained at all times liaising with food and beverage outlets regarding reservations and flow of clients
- Work closely with the Director of Sales & Marketing to prepare monthly forecasts
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Coaching and Developing Others - Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Identifies key drivers of business success and keeps team focused on the critical few to achieve results.
- Encourages calculated risk-taking to generate incremental revenue and deliver excellent guest service.
- Ensures the hotel is apprised of all groups that will impact hotel operations.Works directly with major groups when high profile and financial impact will be significant (limited instances).
- Oversees event planning team (BEO/Resume writers).
- Develops working relationships with outside vendors and establishes prices and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase additional revenue opportunities for the hotel.
- Works with culinary team to ensure compliance with food handling and sanitation standards. - The ability to work closely with the Assistant Director of Food & Beverage, Director of Food & Beverage, Executive Chef, and Director of Catering to design an effective menu and wine list while ensuring excellent product quality at a fair price and attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
- Collects detailed information on competitors' product, services, offerings and shares these information with the events , sales and revenue team.
- Generates ideas to dominate the market place and offset any weakness compared to competitors.
- Work with Director of Marketing & Communications for creating and implementing ideas that would generate revenue to the hotel such as special promotions during need period to generate revenues.
- Take part in budgeting, attend all related meetings such as credit, revenue, P&L
- Make sales visits, presentations, entertain guests and clients.
- To maintain with the Director of Sales a perpetual database of local group, events and conference leads with multiple trace dates for when these events are planned, discussed and decided upon to ensure an efficient and targeted acquisition program.
- To review Events files to ensure correct booking procedures, including group room and meeting program history, contractual agreements, room block analysis, etc
- To ensure that all credit and collection procedures that have been established by the hotel are implemented following the established Credit Policies & Procedures.
- To ensure that all events contracts follow the established hotel policies and procedures and are based and sound commercial judgment.
- To ensure that an accurate database is maintained for all term contracts and that this database is integrated with the database on Accounting & Finance and updated weekly.
- To set the performance targets for each events team member.
- Level of Education Bachelor / Licence Areas of study Hospitality Management Professional experiences 3 to 5 years
Essential and optional requirements
- Previous experience as Associate Director of Events in a luxury brand, in the GCC Market.
- English language is a must , Arabic and third language are an asset.
- Minimum 2-3 years of hotel sales management experience is required.
- Must be results oriented with ability to be very flexible.
- Excellent understanding of meetings, Exhibitions, groups and wedding functionality.
- Excellent communications skills- interpersonal and written.
- Computer literacy (Opera, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to understand and interpret financial data.
- Positive attitude and supportive, team based approach towards the attainment of the hotel's goals.
- Ability to work flexible hours and days.
- An established involvement with and leadership of revenue management theory and practice required.
- A proven record of leadership and team development is necessary.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Events Manager - Wedding
Field Sales Representative
Nestle Middle East
Sales Executive / Specialist
Al Bayan LED
Operations Manager - Education Facility Management