Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Information Technology Audit Services practice, within Risk and Compliance services, will provide you the opportunity to work with a team that provides clients with extensive risk and controls technical knowledge and sector specific experience. You'll have the opportunity to develop a holistic approach to risk that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency by assisting management in the assessment of project risks and controls.
Our team uses current and emerging technologies to assist clients with financial reporting, compliance, and operational processes controls. You'll provide services related to controls around the financial reporting, compliance and operational processes, including business process and Information Technology management controls.
Due to the rapid growth of our Digital Trust team, we currently have opportunities for ambitious and highly motivated experienced professionals with a proven track record of high quality delivery of client projects. We would like to hear from technology consultants/ subject matter experts with experience in business continuity, data quality and governance, data privacy, information security, implementing ERP solutions and IT audits.
An understanding of the relevant risks and controls is key as our services are focused on providing clients with trust and confidence around their technologies. Background in business and digital transformation programmes is preferred.
- Your primary responsibility will be delivering engagements with clients providing assurance and technical insight around business continuity, data quality and governance, data privacy, information security, implementing ERP solutions and IT audits activities.
- Review, analyse and identify weaknesses/deficiencies within clients' internal technology and process control environments with an aim to improve or add value.
- You will be expected to create high quality client deliverables (including assurance reports), manage basic engagement economics and logistics.
- A key part of the role will be client interaction and building rapport and relationships with clients.
- You will also be expected to take part in building propositions and developing proposal materials.
- The role also requires that the candidate is able to collaborate with colleagues across different service lines (consulting, legal, tax etc.) within our PwC to bring our clients high value propositions and delivery solutions.
- Based on clients' requirements the candidates will provide practical risk and control focused expertise to discuss and design potential solutions, or will quality assure and recommend changes to solutions provided by other parties.
- Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate; and,
- Keeping up to date with current trends from the GCC region and from across the world.
The role sits within a rapidly growing part of PwC's Digital Trust Qatar team within our Risk Assurance Middle East practice. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the delivery solutions for business continuity, data quality and governance, data privacy, information security, implementing ERP solutions and IT audits across a range of sectors. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis.
- You will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
Mandatory qualifications: The following qualification(s) are mandatory for the candidate to perform the role:
- Relevant IT or Business related degree
Preferable qualifications: The following qualification(s) are preferable and beneficial for the candidate to perform the role:
- BCM related certification (BCI Certifications, DR Certifications, ISO 22301)
- Information security (CISSP, CISM, CISA,CRISC, ISO 27001, Qatar NIA)
- Data privacy (CIPP/E, CIPT, CIPM)
- Project management (Prince 2, PMP, MSP)
- IT Review and business systems qualifications (ITIL, COBIT, TOGAF).
- ERP related certifications
- Years of Experience: Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- In-depth understanding of technology risks and controls.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a structured thinking process.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills enabling the candidate to build rapport with clients and in a dynamic cross- cultural team.
- Proven IT skills in Microsoft Office and G-suite applications.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Fluent in English but multilingual Arabic speaker preferable.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.