Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
• Assist with audit planning and drafting initial audit scope;
• Document details of planning and walk through meetings;
• Participate in the preparation of the detailed risk register(s) including the nature, impact and likelihood on the Department / Section / Function under review and the controls identified that mitigate those risks
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of risk-based audit plans;
• Attend the opening planning meetings with the Head of the Department / Section /Function under review;
• Document the work done during the understanding of the business of the Department / Section / Function under review
• Participate in the preparation of the detailed internal audit work program to address the risks identified along with the testing strategy;
• Assist in evaluating controls and in identifying control gaps;
• Develop, document and execute audit test steps in partnership with more senior team members.
• Document and maintain sufficient supporting information (such as flowcharts of end-to-end business processes) and facilitate the presentation of findings and conclusions in accordance with work paper standards;
• Identify and discuss audit findings with audit team and document exceptions;
• Assist with drafting audit reports and key deliverables;
• Attend the closing meeting with the Head of the Department / Section / Function under review to discuss the issues raised and the proposed recommendations;
• Participate in conducting the follow up assignments to ensure the proper implementation of the corrective actions agreed in the report;
• Collaborate and share knowledge with audit teams across the Internal Audit organization, as appropriate.
• You will be required to possess strong project management skills and ability to identify the attributes of a good control environment e.g. governance framework, policies & procedures, controls, etc.
• You role will be to work with clients in identifying their relevant controls, processes and frameworks and recommend improvements in business processes and controls. You will also be required to draft reports for circulation to clients' management
• You will have the ability to continuously develop your skills, taking a keen interest in trends in business process and the impact on our clients so you can help in added value to them.
• You will be required to demonstrate extensive project management skills related to projects, including developing project plans, budgets, and deliverables schedules
• You will be required to demonstrate extensive abilities as a team leader, which includes creating a positive environment; monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations; respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress
• The role also requires that the candidate is able to collaborate with colleagues across different competences within the firm (e.g. Internal Audit, Technology, Controls & Data Assurance, Cyber Security, etc.).
• The role also requires working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client audits and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate
• The role includes wider responsibilities which will include collaborating with the engagement leader and manager of teams for agreeing budgets, communication of results and their impact on the overall project and making contributions to the final reporting.
• The role sits within a rapidly growing part of PwC's Business Controls & Enterprise Risk team within our Risk Assurance Middle East practice. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the delivery of projects across a range of sectors. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network
• University degree majoring in accounting or business related subjects;
• Strong inter-personal skills and able to interact with executive levels of client and PwC management;
• Effective time and project management, interpersonal and influencing skills are essential
• The Associate should hold CIA / CPA / ACCA certification or be working towards it and this is an essential prerequisite for progression to the next level.
• He/she needs to have strong oral and written communication skills, a commitment to exceptional client service, creative problem solving ability and a consultancy mind-set.
• A minimum of 3 years' prior Big 4 experience is desired and the person must be available to travel and work in excess of standard hours when necessary.
• Knowledge of and proficiency in the Arabic language, while not mandatory, is highly prized.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.