Job description / Role
- Developing audit objectives, plans, and scope consistent with the Department’s strategy, annual audit plan and audit charter, the assessment of audit risk, and the audit needs/priorities communicated by the Executive Management and the Board.
- Reviewing and approving detailed audit programs tailored to each audit to assure that no specific tests or activities necessary for the audit are overlooked and to assist in preventing ineffective audit techniques from being performed.
- Scheduling audits, determining the resources that are necessary, and seeing that the approved audit plan is accomplished to the extent staffing allows.
- Facilitating the audit process by resolving issues and staff questions during the day-to-day progress of audits.
- Editing audit reports to facilitate recommendations and ultimately corrective actions.
- Direct a comprehensive Internal Audit program using contemporary Audit processes based upon the Group’s Risk Assessments / Profile by keeping abreast with international and local developments in the audit field, executing or overseeing Internal Audits (Compliance, Substantive and Operational),Specific Investigations (Fraud, Projects), conducting opening and closing discussions with Auditees, communicating results of Audits to Management and following up of post-Audit action plans
- Ensure complex or sensitive audits are appropriately and thoroughly conducted by personally planning and executing such audits;
- Assist Group GM Internal Audit to assess internal risks (financial, operational & systems) by identifying significant risks, providing ongoing risk management advice when systems / processes are reviewed, evaluating internal control systems for effectiveness and monitoring the implementation of risk management practices;
- Assist consultants and external auditors in conducting all the planned and agreed audits, in a manner consistent with Management objectives.
- Identify and recommend consultants
- Arrange technical and financial proposals
- Supervising audits and reviewing the work performed to insure the adequacy of audit scope, the adequacy of testing performed, and the accuracy of conclusions reached. Audit work will also be reviewed for compliance with policies and procedures and the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Determine priorities and timetables, assign resources/tasks, and provide performance feedback
- Evaluating auditor performance and counselling auditors to strengthen the person's knowledge/skills/development.
- Collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Analyzing business processes to identify control deficiencies as well as business operating problems and opportunities.
- Constantly strives to identify new recommendations in improving internal control environment.
- Uses innovative solutions to facilitate not just a process but a mindset change.
- Identifies the root causes of the needs or improvement opportunity.
- Communicating with those who need to know about audits and interfacing with personnel throughout the Group, particularly those being audited, to resolve audit issues and achieve the desired corrective actions.
- The Audit Manager will assist the Group General Manager with periodic reporting to the Executive Management and the Board.
- Participates as a team member in creating divisions policy framework
- Performing administrative duties and other duties as delegated by the Group General Manager – Internal Audit.
- Facilitate the achievement of short term and medium term strategic goals of the department.
- Provide inputs towards the short and medium term strategic planning process for the division.
Minimum Educational and Professional Qualifications:
- A University degree in Finance, or Business Management., An MBA would be an added advantage.
- A professionally recognized qualification such as CPA , CIA, CISA ACA, ACCA,CIMA,
- Proven relevant experience of a minimum of 7- 9 years in the field of auditing, including at least 2-4 years in similar position in internal or external auditing.
Required Skills, Leadership and Functional Competencies:
- In-depth knowledge of the professional standards of The Institute of Internal Auditors
- In-depth knowledge of the International Accounting standards
- In-depth knowledge of the standards and best practices of Corporate Governance, Risk , Compliance and internal Controls
- Leadership skills - Motivate the Internal Audit team to provide high quality audit services by providing positive Leadership, reviewing their work and training and developing team members
- Capable of managing audit teams and engagements from start to completion
- Capable of partnering with business leadership teams and add value to enhance the control environment of business operations
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work closely with people at all levels of the Group and facilitate the implementation of corrective action
- Excellent people management skills and ability to work in teams
- Project management experience (monitoring project performances & project management)
- Sound ability to identify the symptoms of fraud
- Proficient in using Microsoft applications (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Competent at using ACL is highly desired
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven planning and prioritizing skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Comfortable with leading edge risk assessment methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- A track record of outstanding performance and a diverse set of responsibilities including extensive experience in setting up audit and risk management infrastructure (methodologies, automation of audit working environment, policies and procedures and can manage admin matters)
About the Company
The Ali Bin Ali Group is a privately owned company with a heritage that dates back to 1945. Our roots began with a vision to provide quality international products and services to the people of Qatar. Today our Group is one of the largest retail and distribution companies in Qatar. We are also proud to say we have a long-standing reputation for building successful partnerships with the world's leading brands across a diverse range of business activities. This success is born out of our unwavering commitment to the long-term development and strategic growth of not just our Group but also that of our partners.
Our knowledge of the market is unrivaled. That is what keeps us ahead in an environment of phenomenal growth in Qatar. The Ali Bin Ali Group has evolved and grown in response to Qatar's diversifying requirements.
As a Group, we thrive on innovation, which is the key to our consistent market share results and achievement awards. The Ali Bin Ali Group operations are currently local but our standards are International. Our partners and competitors credit us with an impeccable reputation and with excellent public and private sector relationships. But from our perspective our most important affirmation comes from customer satisfaction across each of our Group's business divisions.