Job description / Role
Our Food & Beverage Motto to Follow Strictly
"Gracious with people, ruthless with standards & hungry for more"
The position is responsible for working alongside Executive Pastry Chef / Chef de Cuisine to manage daily Bakery activities, including overseeing staff & aiding with menu preparation. Ensuring all standards as set by the hotel and regulated by local authorities, ensuring all hygiene, cost controls systems are followed and maintained. At the same time to work closely with F&B Service and other operational departments.
Our appearance is a statement of who we are. Our grooming should create a professional image at work that is why our every team member needs to follow the grooming standards at all the time.
- Food & Beverage
- Catering sales
- Talent & Culture
Manage the daily kitchen operations, quality control & food hygiene
- Ensure that all recipes and product yields are accurately costed and reviewed regularly
- Ensure that all food items are prepared as per standard recipe cards whilst maintaining portion control and minimizing waste
- Ensure that food stock levels within the culinary department areas are of sufficient quantity and quality in relevance to the hotel occupancy and function forecasts
- Creative menu planning and correct food preparation for each outlet including banquets
- To work in close conjunction with the Executive Pastry Chef and respective & teams, to create a yearly marketing Plan for the outlet
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints
- Make recommendations to the Executive Pastry Chef regarding succession planning
- To be aware of all financial budgets and goals
Management and leadership of the culinary team (sous chef, junior sous chefs, chef de partie, demi chef de partie, commis, stewarding)
- Ensure that the Bakery section adheres to all company and hotel policies and procedures
- Recruit and select a suitable Bakery team who are able to work within a decentralized management philosophy
- Project a positive and motivated attitude amongst all colleagues
- Support the Culinary and Stewarding team to be consistent in service , use a collaborative, enabling leadership style, have regular team meetings
- Manage associates fairly and take a personal interest in knowing all culinary associates
- Ensure that the overall Bakery section is motivated and that positive feedback on work performance is given
- Coach and counsel employees in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy
- Identify strengths and weaknesses and provide timely feedback to the individual
- Ensure that weekly work schedules and annual leave planners are administered and filed correctly
Involvement as a member of the hotel leadership team
- Ensure cleanliness and appearance of all Kitchens and related areas
- Interface the needs/requirements of other departments with the Kitchen: Chefs Office, Engineering, F&B service, Security, Finance, T&C, Stewarding and Hygiene
- Provide a level of Safety & Security for all team members whilst working
- Develop own knowledge and skills to grow as a leader.
Main Complexity/Critical issues in the Job
- Managing the Training and development of Junior team members
- Multi task
- Delivery of high quality product on a consistent basis
- Assess the risk in the kitchens operations
- Knowledgeable on new techniques and trends
- occasionally able to work in overnight shift
Knowledge and Experience
- Basic food hygiene certificate
- Relevant culinary school or college diploma, preferred
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience in the management culinary position, preferably in similar operations style
- Strong working knowledge with computer, Microsoft Office, procurement & requisition module
- Knowledge of labor laws and visa requirements in Doha
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels of employees
- Service oriented with an eye for details
- Ability to work effectively and contribute in a team
- Good presentation and influencing skills
- Multicultural awareness and able to work with people from diverse cultures
- Flexible and able to embrace and respond to change effectively
- Ability to work independently and has good initiative under dynamic environment
- Self-motivated and energetic
Talent & Culture
The hotel reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as and when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role, however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.