Job description / Role
To produce an outstanding guest experience within the Banqueting concepts by managing a service team in cooperation with the culinary team. The Banquet Manager / Catering Manager provides a courteous, professional and efficient service in accordance with the outlet, hotel and Kempinski standards, driving sales and maximising profit.
Marsa Malaz Kempinski, The Pearl - Doha
Marsa Malaz Kempinski, The Pearl - Doha is located on its own secluded island, just steps away from numerous entertainment and dining options at the glamourous destination of The Pearl, in the capital of Qatar.
Showcasing the finest European architecture, blended with traditional Arabian elements, Marsa Malaz Kempinski boasts 281 luxurious rooms - including 69 suites, two Presidential suites and two Royal suites.
- Responsible to Head of Department/ Assistant Head of Department.
- Responsible for Assistant Banquet Manager, Banquet Supervisor, Banquet Waiter / Waitress.
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Provide a professional and courteous service at all times and ensure that all employees of the Room Service outlet follow the example.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organised at all times.
- Execute and demand the team to execute the highest level of service and set-up standards at all times.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Set an example in terms of thorough service and product knowledge of the Banqueting offering.
- Assist in preparation of the Banqueting budget.
- Conduct monthly inventory of operating supplies and equipment together with the stewarding department.
- Perform up selling for all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Be knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Identify errors and correct them as required during set-up, service and breakdown of operations.
- Produce reports and analysis of the outlet and present report in the monthly performance meeting.
- Lead the Banqueting department efficiently in cost and expenses, constantly delivering the highest quality as well as driving high top line revenue and profit.
- Establish rapport with guests and meeting organizers to ensure satisfaction and personalized service.
- Work in close term with Stewarding and Housekeeping to ensure that all areas are regularly maintained and organised.
- To work closely with the Sales & Catering department and establish a good rapport to ensure successful flow of communication.
- Participate planning sessions of the Banquets together with the Sales & Marketing Department.
- Plan the banquets' schedule and checklist with Executive Chef / Banqueting Chef.
- Hold event briefings for the Service and Culinary Teams.
- Actively participate in Banqueting menu design in cooperation with the Culinary Team, Bar Manager and Chef Sommelier / Sommelier.
- Organise tastings of new Banqueting menus.
- Foster and implement creative ideas for Banqueting offering.
- Implement a flexible work schedule based on business patterns.
- Establish a pool of qualified and trained full and part time employees in conjunction with the hotel's People Services Department.
- Ensure an effective payroll control through a flexible work force maximizing the utilization of part time employees and closely cooperating with other Food & Beverage departments.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings.
- Attend daily or weekly meetings with the Culinary Team and fostering team work to constantly develop the Banqueting department for more success.
- Attend all required trainings as described by the Food & Beverage Department.
- Report incidents requiring disciplinary actions immediately to the Head of Department.
- Prepare and review all departmental operations manual updates annually in accordance with the Assistant Head of Department.
- Support all activities and cooperation with the suppliers.
- Monitor and constantly improve quality and guest satisfaction trough personal correspondence with the clients, such as event organisers.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- 2 years as a banquet manager experience
- Middle east experience a must
- Doha experience is an additional value
- 35 years old maximum
- Single package
- English - excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors.
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies