Job description / Role
• The Bilingual Secretary under close supervision, performs various administrative, clerical, data collection, data entry, and report writing tasks specific to assigned project or work group.
• Most assignments require familiarity with standard Company processes and good PC skills.
• Gathers statistics and general data; reviews and combines this information into established reports for use within and outside the unit.
• Such reports may be in spreadsheet or graphical formats, or narrative-style word documents.
• May be responsible for verifying data gathered, such as matching supplier invoices against file copies.
• Reviews time reports to verify accuracy of hours worked and Job#/WBS charges.
• Follows up to ensure timely processing of corrections.
• Maintains employee directory and related data pertaining to employees assigned to the unit, including company resumes.
• Tracks paid-time-off hours charged and maintains schedule of future hours to be taken.
• Prepares general correspondence and maintains general files. Answers telephone, taking and relaying messages.
• Receives, sorts, and distributes mail.
• May establish and maintain records of equipment, including a log of equipment service dates.
• May obtain basic data for completion of the unit's overhead budget and prepare associated recurring reports.
• May coordinate physical space requirements for the assigned unit.
• Initiates requests for PCs and telephones, and updates Corporate Directory as appropriate.
• May work closely with immediate supervisor in tracking timeliness of performance appraisals and preparing documents related to personnel actions.
• May periodically prepare an occupancy report by project or gather information to complete staffing reports for the unit and/or several projects, as directed by immediate supervisor.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Degree with minimum 5 years of relevant work experience.
• Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency.
• Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
• Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
• Additionally, a demonstrated proficiency in keyboard skills, as well as a working knowledge of MS Windows and related word processing, spreadsheet, and database software, is required.
• Must be fluent in English and Arab languages, both written and verbal and have experience in composing correspondence related to his/her responsibilities.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.