Job description / Role
The key responsibilities for the BIM Manager role are to support our project delivery teams and execute the day to day development, establishment and implementation of BIM in our Qatar office and prestigious project(s) for key Clients. The BIM Manager will be responsible for the effective implementation and compliant adoption of BIM standards, processes and protocols both at an organization and projects level.
• Manage the entire BIM implementation in Qatar office.
• Enhance design and production efficiency by introducing intelligent tools and custom add-ons through team of in-house developers.
• Coordinate closely with design managers and technical director on enhancing design workflows.
• Participate and support the BIM Management Office (BMO) activities with the development and implementation of the MEA BIM & Going Digital (MGD) for Engineering Roadmap.
• Provide progress and performance updates on a fortnightly and monthly basis.
• Issue and respond to all formal correspondences related to BIM activities.
• Develop and support proposal leads in Request for Proposals (RFP), e.g. clarifications, technical write up, level of estimate etc.
• Evaluate and manage the deployment (hardware and software) with Parsons IS and provide hands-on BIM software training for project.
• Support the setup, development, configuration, establishment of the Common Data Environment (CDE) for project use.
• Develop and maintain specific BIM software template files to assure standards.
• Manage and support object(s) creation and maintain libraries according to the relevant project(s) and stage(s) needs.
• Develop and enforce BIM documentation and workflow process standards.
• Support the tender process and provide recommendations for award(s).
• Develop, manage, monitor, coordinate and report on the development of the Pre- & Post contract BIM Execution Plan, Task and Master Information Delivery Plan (TIDP and MIDP).
• Manage, support and validate project design delivery, e.g. modeling, detailing, scheduling and extraction.
• Develop the process, perform, measure and ensure the highest quality for all BIM package submissions in accordance with project standards and requirements.
• Review, monitor and report on the development of clash interference and fully coordinated models, follow up resolution and closure with Design leads for internal design development.
• Prepare own discipline model and/or content for internal reviews and coordination meetings.
• Collaborate and coordinate with the Project delivery team design-changes and model challenges.
• Validate and export model geometry and data to schedules for internal design and commercial activities.
• Support the Quality department during conducting audits and supply chain non-conformance(s).
• Support the Contracts and Project Controls department in BIM related activities.
• Coordinate and support planning and construction activities with internally developed and proposed 4D sequencing model(s) review and progress reporting.
• British Standards BS/PAS Series.
• Common Data Environment.
• Modelling and Drafting.
• Project Information Model delivery.
• Quality Assurance compliance and validation.
• Collaboration, coordination and clash/clearance detection.
• Quantity take-off/scheduling.
• Construction planning, 4D sequence and progress reporting.
Required Education/Experience/Skills/Competencies and Technical Knowledge
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in Design or Construction from a Civil Engineering discipline background.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in BIM Implementation of major Projects or Program.
• Experience either from a Consultant or Contractor environment ideally for Infrastructure & Transportation Projects.
• Experience with British BIM Standards PAS1192 and BS1192.
• Proficient in a range of BIM authoring and proprietary software applications such as Revit, Civil 3D, AECOSIM, Navisworks, BIM 360 Glue/Field or similar applications.
• Middle East/Gulf Countries experience preferred.
• Possess excellent English written skills.
• Possess excellent oral communication skills with an ability to form effective relationships with Project delivery, Client, and Contractor under time pressure.
• Possess the ability to write letters, technical instructions, develop analytical reports and presentations.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.