Job description / Role
A leading multi-national education provider with over 50 schools in their portfolio and over 45,000 students globally.
* Overall responsibility for the Finance function of schools in Doha, Qatar.
* Working with the Schools and Principal to maximize short and long-term EBITDA for the sub-region
* Assist Principal and Regional Finance Director in delivery of budgets and group wide initiatives.
* Manage and oversee the facilities management of the schools.
* Work closely with Marketing, Admissions, HR functions to ensure commercial targets are met.
* Assist Corporate Development and the Regional Managing Director and FD in securing additional schools in the sub-region.
* Responsible for the integration of commercial functions of new schools within the sub-region.
* Develop a comprehensive understanding of business performance and identify opportunities to improve business performance.
* Liaise and provide information, as required, to the Regional Finance Director, Regional Centre and central functions.
Business Strategy and Planning
* In conjunction with the Regional Finance Director and the Principals, develop and ensure the delivery of budgets, forecasts and action plans for the sub-region to align with the Company's strategy and the its financial and operational objectives.
* Analyse the performance of the schools with the Regional Financial Director and the Principals and identify opportunities to improve revenue and the efficiency and effectiveness of operating costs.
* Work with the Regional Finance Director and the Principals to evaluate investments for the existing schools.
* Work with the Corporate Development Director and Regional Finance and Managing Director to evaluate potential acquisitions, including the preparation of financial modelling.
* Evaluate major capital/commitment proposals for Regional Finance Director with a robust business case and full commercial assessment;
* Work with the legal team to ensure accurate and effective input into all required contracts, teaming agreements, heads of terms and letters of intent.
* Responsible for the integration of the finance and commercial aspects of a new school into the group.
* Manage the preparation and review of all budgets, forecasts and associated reports for the sub-region.
* Excellent understanding of the key drivers of a Premium School, educational, pupil numbers, resourcing and financial to assist the principals in maximizing the growth of the schools throughout the sub-region.
* Ensure the production of accurate business financial performance information that satisfies group reporting requirements and interpretations of business performance for external reporting.
* Analyse business performance on a monthly basis and provide information regarding the cause of variances and required corrective action.
* Provide information to Group Finance for the fortnightly Budget Delivery and the weekly KPI reports for the sub-region.
* Provide adhoc financial analyses of business issues within the sub-region, as and when required.
* Negotiate, as part of a multi-disciplined team, arrangements for new contracts for the schools finding economies of scale where possible.
* Develop and implement financial and commercial processes that are consistent, robust, auditable and secure.
* Assist the Group in evaluating and implementing accounting systems and business intelligence tools and assisting in the implementation within the schools.
* Manage, with Group Finance, the debtor and creditor accounts, cash flow and balance sheets.
* Insurances ensuring compliance and sufficient and correct policies in place and managed.
* Manage the school facilities management and procurement teams.
* Manage the legal and corporate secretary responsibilities of the company along with appropriate external resources.
* Oversee resources ordering/delivery.
* Review payroll.
* Develop and regularly review project capex budgets with project manager.
* Liaise with corporate customers.
* Manage effective personal development as part of the company's commitment to quality, staff training and development - this involves active commitment to and participation in the appraisal process, during which individual employee developmental needs will be highlighted
* Ensure statutory responsibilities with regard to health and safety, equality and diversity in the workplace and other relevant employment legislation are fulfilled. Adhere to the company code of professional conduct, which is produced in the Employee Handbook
* Undertake other duties consistent with the scope of the post and within the competence of the post holder as required
* Professionally certified CIMA, ACCA, ACA or CPA - Essential
Experience / Knowledge
* The ability to work to tight deadlines, and the ability to gather, analyse, explain and consolidate data for management reporting - Desirable
* Past experience in school environment - Essential
Salary & Benefits
* 30,000 QAR per month
* Private medical insurance
* Annual Airfare tickets
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.