Job description / Role
• Reporting to Senior Manager Business and Education Solutions, incumbent reviews, analyzes, and evaluates user needs to create systems solutions that support overall business strategies. Incumbent is responsible for maintenance, user support, upgrades and recommending enhancement for each system in the portfolio of ITS. Exposed to complex task within the job function while occasionally required to lead an aspect of a complex project.
• Participates in modeling, design, development, integration, testing, configuration, and maintenance/support of systems solutions.
• Provides input into the project planning process with team members. Identifies potential issues that could jeopardize project schedule. Suggests ways to resolve schedule issues. Keeps senior members of team and management informed.
• Participates in the identification of system enhancements. Follows organizational standards for full life-cycle implementations or upgrades.
• Follows prepared test plans and system documentation to monitor testing for the implementation of system enhancements, modifications, application fixes, and new releases of vendor software.
• Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users.
• Follows operational objectives by studying finalized requirements and operational/project plan.
• Develops new solutions by following approved design and systems specifications.
• Contributes to team effort by participating in ITS initiatives as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Approximately 4 to 5 years of related experience.
• ERP experience.
• SIS experience.
• O365 experience is highly desirable.
• Experience with supporting SaaS environment is highly desirable.
• Experience with Azure, Google or Amazon cloud is highly desirable.
• Software design and development experience is highly desirable.
• Prior experience in a higher education setting highly desirable.
• Experience in meeting facilitation is highly desirable.
• Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Software documentation.
• Software Development Process.
• Business process analysis and modeling.
• Requirements analysis and negotiation.
• Willingness to work in a collaborative environment.
• Excellent communication, training and speaking skills.
• Highly organized but willing to adjust direction when necessary.
• Basic problem-solving skills.
• Basic critical thinking skills.
• Licenses and Certifications
• Working Conditions/Physical Demands
About the Company
Founded in 1898 and affiliated with what is now New York - Presbyterian Hospital (NYPH) since 1927, Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar (WCM-Q) is one of the top-ranked clinical and medical research centers in the U.S. It is committed to excellence in research, teaching and patient care, and the advancement of the art and science of medicine.
In addition to the degree in medicine, Weill Cornell offers PhD programs in biomedical research and education at the Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences; a joint MD-MBA program with Cornell's Johnson School of Management; and a joint MD-PhD program with Rockefeller University and Sloan-Kettering Institute.