Job description / Role
The Butler is at the center of the Raffles Doha guest service experience. The role encompasses a spectrum of responsibilities from pre-arrival, arrival, in-house, departure and post-stay arrangements. The Butler strives to listen attentively, observe all details, and personalizes any interaction with the aim to anticipate and be intuitive of guests' needs and wants. The Butler is an ambassador of the hotel, well-rounded in all areas of the hotel and knowledgeable of all areas including Front Office, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping and Spa & Wellbeing.
RAFFLES HOTELS AND RESORTS
An oasis for the well-travelled since 1887 reinterpreted for the 21st century traveler, Raffles has been synonymous with luxury, glamour and extraordinary service for well over a century. Born in Singapore, the brand has since extended its network all around the world, welcoming the influential community of each destination. Whether you come to drink, dine, celebrate or simply to unwind, the outstanding personalities working at Raffles know better than anyone else how to ensure that you "ARRIVE AS GUEST, LEAVE AS FRIEND, AND RETURN AS FAMILY".
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Takes responsibility and ownership in creating personal connections through emotional luxury between Butlers and guests.
- Attends daily briefings and notes all information about the guests and functions in the hotel.
- Engages and customizes check-in procedures, suite set-up, and suite orientation.
- Offers welcome drinks, creates bespoke destination itineraries and dining recommendations.
- Intuitively anticipates through observation and interactions guests' needs and wants and orchestrates special occasions and celebrations.
- Ensures all suites receive prompt and courteous service.
- Ensures that special preferences of all guests are taken into consideration.
- Regular service offerings include unpacking, packing, light laundry handling, shoe-shine service.
- Works closely with in room dining and engages / customizes replenishment of amenities for occupied suites.
- Liaises with in room dining and housekeeping and checks on a regular basis to ensure amenities, guest preferences and other such points are taken care of and carried out flawlessly.
- Engages and customizes in suite Maxi Bar set-ups for occupied suites.
- Responsible of removal and exchange of dirty plates, cutleries, glasses etc. while replenishing amenities and Maxi Bars for occupied suites.
- Keeps track of all DND rooms and informs the Butler Supervisor for further follow up.
- Offers assistance for departure arrangements and provides fond farewell.
- Responsible of the cleaning and maintenance of all Butler areas including guest suites, pantries, stores, equipment perishables, stationary, etc.
- Promptly answers any in-house guest calls, instant messages and emails and communicates with respective departments in the resolution of guests' requests.
- Ensures all communication is carried clearly amongst the team.
- Performs related duties and special projects assigned.
- Ensures service standards and individual performance are aligned with Accor Hotels Values - Guest Passion, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation and Respect.
- Executes the annual upsell strategy and achieves all goals as set by management and cooperates with the Front Office team in promoting inter-hotel sales and in-house restaurants and facilities.
- Cooperates closely with In-Suite Dining and Housekeeping to ensure a seamless In Room Dining and cleaning experience. Acts as a link for guests with all other areas of the hotel.
- Addresses any security incidents and guest complaints to the Head Butler and reacts proactively when suitable and appropriate.
- Ensures guests receive the experience as detailed in brand Standard Operation Procedure (SOP), Raffles Doha Local Standard Operation Procedure (LSOP) as well as Forbes 5 star / Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) standards and aims to achieve the scores and goals set by management.
- Performs any duties and special projects as requested by management whether in your own department or any other department in the hotel.
- Follows Hotel Evacuation Policy in case of an Emergency.
TALENT & CULTURE
The hotel reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as and when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in second language.
- Ascertains and addresses guest/colleague needs.
- Focuses on service with an eye for detail and an approachable attitude.
- Works well under pressure, analyses and resolves problems, exercises good judgment and with a high degree of professionalism.
- Prioritizes and organizes work assignments and delegates work effectively.
- Self-motivates and shows good initiative in a dynamic environment.
- Ensures security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information.
- Possesses good computer and property management system skills.
- Embraces and responds to change effectively.
- Obtains strong local market knowledge.
- Understands international luxury travelers and their needs.
- International level of quality and non-hotel experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of cultural nuisances in dealing with local and Middle Eastern guests.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.