Job description / Role
- As a senior member of the team you will demonstrate excellent coaching by means of buying practices and ways of working with the team, whilst assisting the Head of Buying where possible.
- This member of the buying team must be able to represent the company at the highest level due to the magnitude of external relationships with suppliers, vendors and stakeholders.
- The role will include the management of Buyers and Buying Coordinators so interpersonal skills and communication skills are essential.
- As a key member of the commercial team this person will be an expert within their category and will lead all commercial decisions.
- The Senior Buyer will be fully responsible for the directorate, including the buying plan and P&L which will be closely discussed with the Head of Buying.
- As a gatekeeper for the directorate all financial decisions relating to brand and product will be managed, such as pricing, markdown, stock, OTB management etc.
- University degree graduate preferably in a business related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years in a buying position with at least 2 years as Buyer.
- Experience in Premium/Luxury Fashion, preferably Fashion.
- Computer literate using Office package, i.e., Word, Excel, Power-point. ORACLE/SAP in ERP
- Highly motivated and self-starter.
- Great communicator with exceptional relationship building skills.
- Exemplary negotiator.
- Organized with high attention to details.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills, preferably with French speaking background.
- Good knowledge on Arabic culture, market and local fashion trends would be useful.
About the Company
The Ali Bin Ali Group is a privately owned company with a heritage that dates back to 1945. Our roots began with a vision to provide quality international products and services to the people of Qatar. Today our Group is one of the largest retail and distribution companies in Qatar. We are also proud to say we have a long-standing reputation for building successful partnerships with the world's leading brands across a diverse range of business activities. This success is born out of our unwavering commitment to the long-term development and strategic growth of not just our Group but also that of our partners.
Our knowledge of the market is unrivaled. That is what keeps us ahead in an environment of phenomenal growth in Qatar. The Ali Bin Ali Group has evolved and grown in response to Qatar's diversifying requirements.
As a Group, we thrive on innovation, which is the key to our consistent market share results and achievement awards. The Ali Bin Ali Group operations are currently local but our standards are International. Our partners and competitors credit us with an impeccable reputation and with excellent public and private sector relationships. But from our perspective our most important affirmation comes from customer satisfaction across each of our Group's business divisions.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Buyer - MRO - Technical
A Government Entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah
|Ras Al Khaimah||16 Oct|
Procurement and Supply Chain Manager
Quest Search & Selection
Procurement Officer - Construction
|Abu Dhabi||18 Sep|