Job description / Role
• Using CAD software, the CAD operator will be responsible in updating Master Plans.
• The candidate must be excellent in CAD software especially in handling XREFs, UCS, CAD layers and satellite image overlays.
• Must be proficient in Cad layouts (viewports) and scaling.
• Must be very accurate in acquiring plot areas and coordinates.
• Using CAD software, prepare or update drawings of a certain plot, produce a jpg format, and incorporate it in an excel file of plot sheet where other information must be doubled checked and updated.
• Using Google earth, to locate and extract satellite images and overlay it on CAD. Scaling must be very precise.
• At times use photoshop to enhance or edit some images prior to overlays in CAD depending on the requirement.
• Using CAD software, the CAD operator will be asked to create architectural drawings for a design proposal.
• Using 3Dsmax+Vray, the CAD operator will be asked to do 3D modeling, texturing, lighting, and rendering of architectural design proposals.
• Using Photoshop, the CAD operator will do image manipulation or postproduction of renders. Using Power Point, the CAD operator will prepare the presentation of the proposal.
• Using CAD software, the CAD operator will be asked to overlay drawings that are received from third parties against Master Plan to check discrepancies of roads, utilities, etc.
• Using Photoshop, provide updated image showing developed infrastructures of site. Using Power Point, Assist Director in preparing presentations.
• At times, he will be asked to double check areas.
Tenant Pack Preparation
• Update the available IFT/IFC or as built drawings by highlighting the required Units of site or a Plot.
• Add the texts “For Information only” to all sheets in all disciplines. (Architectural and all Utilities).
• Create PDFs. Using InDesign, follow the client format of Tenant Pack either for Plot or site.
• Link all pdfs of all drawings into the pages in InDesign Layout. Update photos related to the requested tenant pack.
• Double check document numbering system and export as PNG.
• Combine all PNG sheets as one document and print for checking. Package all drawing and information and submit.
• BS Architecture Graduate
• Must have experience in the basic principles of
• Master Planning, (2) Architecture (Buildings), (3) Landscaping and (4) Infrastructure.
• Minimum 5 years of Experience
• AutoCAD - Drafting
• 3DsMAX+Vray – Renderings and Visualization
• Photoshop – Image manipulation and Post-Production
• InDesign – for graphical layouts (Brochures, leaflets & Tenant Pack creation)
• Google Earth Pro- Extraction of satellite images
• Excel – updating Plot Sheets information
• Power Point – prepare presentation.
About the Company
GEIC is one of the leading multidisciplinary consultancy offices in Doha. We have “A” Grade Registration in Architecture, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Quantity Surveying disciplines, and we have been providing project management and engineering consultancy services since 2001 for all types of projects.
Our portfolio comprise road and highway projects, integrated infrastructure projects, building projects, logistics projects and specialized facility projects. Our main clients include governmental entities such as Ashghal, Kahramaa, Qatar Petroleum, Qatar Foundation, Msherieb Properties, and corporate/private sector clients such as Barwa, Gulf Warehousing Company, Lusail City, etc. Our company has a 200+ strong work force, consisting of qualified and experienced design engineers, supervision engineers and project managers, and we can provide a variety of services including design, supervision of construction, and project management services.
Equinox Global Investments
MIDMAC Contracting Company
CAD Technician (Infrastructure & Landscape)
AutoCad Draftsman / Detailer
RTC-1 Employment Services
Black Pearl Consult