Job description / Role
Cashier (F&B Service)
- The most impressive landmark to grace the Doha skyline, La Cigale Hotel lives up to its reputation and introduces new levels of comfort to hotel and leisure facilities in the city.
What is in it for you?
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Restaurant Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare daily cashiering forms and operational forms
- Able to count and handle cash effectively, efficiently, with integrity and follow established and proper accounting procedures
- Complete knowledge of menus, and up-to-date information about specialties and menus
- Regular check with culinary team for non-availability items
- Answer all phone calls promptly and efficiently, using the correct greeting
- Carry out proper cashiering procedures by standards
- The ability to maintain a clean, neat and orderly order taker cabin throughout service
- Correct preparation of all necessary operational material in the order taker cabin and in the pantry areas
- Reporting of any guest comments to the superior, completing guest preference sheet
- Communicate to both internal and external customers in a polite, courteous and constructive manner
- Learning of safety, sanitation and hygiene policies
- Participation in internal training and necessary meetings
- Maintain good working relationship with colleagues, and all other departments
- Actively promote the services and facilities of the Hotel
- Report to Manager any kind of deviation from set standard and procedures
- Maintain complete knowledge of all F&B services, outlets, hotel services/ features and hours of operation etc.
- Control & maintain delivery timing within standard
Your experience and skills include:
- Average reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- Must be well presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Able to count and handle cash effectively and efficiently
- Good communication and customer contact skills; good problem resolution skills
- Basic F&B product knowledge
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Qualification must be a minimum of secondary education
- Minimum 1-year food and beverage serving experience
- Previous cashiering experience
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.