This position is closed or expired.
See other Plant Manager jobs in Qatar
Cement Plant Manager - Qatar
Excellent Plant Manager job available with one of the largest cement manufacturing company’s based in Qatar. They are looking for Cement Plant Manager to oversee and manage the operations and maintenance of Cement Plant based in Qatar.
• Manage the operations and maintenance staff to ensure timely production and distribution of products within quality standards, high uniformity, and optimum production costs.
• Responsible for the development and execution of annual operating plans.
• Oversees the development and supervises the execution of Capital Expenditure plans
• Reviews cost reports to locate excessive expenses and takes necessary corrective action.
• Prepare short and long range development plans
• Establish goals that reflect continuous improvement in plant operations
• Assure environmental compliance and clean plant operations
• Proactively manage health & safety of employees to continuously improve the company's health & safety performance
• Train and develop supervisors to provide management depth; provide motivation and career enhancement for all employees
• Review requests and make decisions regarding the purchase of new equipment and supplies
• Participate directly in labour relations, including grievance handling; member of the contract negotiating team
• Conduct performance evaluations and make recommendations for salary increases
Skills & Qualifications Required:
• Experience in cement industry is a must with a minimum of 10 years experience as plant manager
• Bachelor/Master degree in Mechanical / Industrial / Electrical Engineering
• Complete understanding of the cement manufacturing process
• Experience with the latest cement production technology
• Strong knowledge of modern maintenance technology and methods
• Demonstrated ability to optimise production costs
• Knowledge of the industry, marketing, customers and quality products
• Strong analytical and decision making skills
• Solid interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead others
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work as a member of a team to continuously improve plant operations
• Knowledge of union contracts and/or prior experience working in a union environment strongly preferred.
• Good understanding of safety and environmental regulations
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultants sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened a dedicated Abu Dhabi desk to further assist with our client needs across the region.