Job description / Role
Chef De Cuisine - IBIS & Adagio Doha
The Chef De Cuisine is responsible for supervising the overall Culinary operation and hygiene standards of the assigned outlet and to maintain high standards of quality of food offering. The position main responsibilities includes, but not limited to, achieving targets such as P&L Budget and Forecast, adhering to HACCP standards, food quality and guest satisfaction.
What is in it for you:
- Employee Discount Travel Program
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grown within the Company and across the globe!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities such as Planet 21
Key Roles Responsibilities:
- Maintain and promote Ibis and Adagio Brand Promise and operational excellence.
- Direct all operational activities towards supporting the Hotel's Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
- Set periodical business plan, budget, and forecast and performance reports.
- Coordinate the development, interpretation and implementation of hotel policies, operating procedures and training programs, manuals, directives, menus, work schedules, rules and regulations for the food and beverage staff.
- Analyze daily reports to check irregularities.
- Conduct random checks to ensure that all standards are being consistently followed in the Culinary Department
- Maintain up-to-date records on culinary staff personnel attendance, appearance, standards, work and vacation schedules, labor costs, payroll, absenteeism, turnover and disciplinary action.
- Coordinate the selection, purchasing, storage, inventorying, maintenance and usage of all related food and beverage supplies and equipment.
- Ensure the implementation of HACCP policies and procedures are consistently followed throughout the Culinary Department. Attend HACCP meeting.
- The ability to handle all guest complaints in the Culinary area and is charge of obtaining maximum results in the utilization and appearance of the Culinary areas, the quality levels, performance and standards of service and develops new techniques of service towards maximum guest satisfaction at minimum operating costs.
- Work closely with local, state and governmental organizations in maintaining highest standards of health, sanitation and cleanliness in culinary areas.
- The ability to develop and maintain effective communications between all operating departments.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by Hotel management and staff.
- Conduct daily meetings to discuss VIP guests in house & arrival, operational challenges and ways to improve.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all divisions to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness
- The ability to safeguard guests and employees with knowledge and application of safety, accident prevention, fire drills and first aid.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Ensure consistency and highest quality in food taste, temperature and presentation
- Ensure the quality and cleanliness of all food displays with maximum creativity
- Coordinate all restaurant, food production, and all specific duties to chefs and other staff under his/her supervision
- Monitor and implement portion control established with the recipe cards and the butcher test; minimize waste and spoilage
- Check stores and refrigerators and oversee proper storage and recycling of leftovers
- Ensure effective communication among the kitchens and with other departments
- Work closely with receiving and storeroom to ensure received goods meet Hotel's quality standards specifications
- Update menu recipe cards and menu planning for promotions
- Conduct staff training and on-the-job training on kitchen skills and new menu items
- Ensure purchasing, receiving and all storage are efficiently handled
- Review food cost analysis on a daily basis to in line with budget and forecast
- Works closely with Chief Steward to monitor and ensure that all cleaning is properly conducted and according to schedule
- Review and approve promotions, transfers of staff to various outlets.
- Review staff schedules for the assigned outlets
- Conduct section / departmental meetings and staff daily briefings
- Manage staff appraisal process
- Physically fit
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Must have strong culinary experience (international preferred)
- Excellent leadership & supervisory skills with a "hands-on" approach
- Positive attitude and high energy level
- Motivated self-starter; displays initiative & creativity
- Team player and team builder
- Flexible & adaptable to different working locations
- Understanding of financial procedures.
- Especially experienced in Buffet setups
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.