Job description / Role
Organise kitchen operations and prepare and serve a range of dishes, whilst supervising junior members of the Kitchen Brigade
Marsa Malaz Kempinski, The Pearl - Doha
Marsa Malaz Kempinski, The Pearl - Doha is located on its own secluded island, just steps away from numerous entertainment and dining options at the glamourous destination of The Pearl, in the capital of Qatar.
Showcasing the finest European architecture, blended with traditional Arabian elements, Marsa Malaz Kempinski boasts 281 luxurious rooms - including 69 suites, two Presidential suites and two Royal suites.
- Prepare in advance food, beverage, material and equipment needed for the service.
- Cook and serve dishes according to the restaurant's menu.
- Provide direction to the Kitchen helpers, including Commis, Cooks, Kitchen Attendants and Stewards.
- Clean and re-set their working area.
- In absence of Manager, conduct shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known.
- Work with Superior and People Services Manager to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive.
- Conduct on the job training in accordance with the departmental standards and procedures and maintain a record of progress for each staff member.
- Provide input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guideline.
- Ensure new staff attends Corporate Orientation within first month of hire and departmental orientation is completed within first two weeks.
- Coach, counsel and discipline staff in breach of hotel policies and departmental procedures, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance.
- Work with superior in the preparation and management of the department's budget and be aware of financial targets.
- Recycle where-ever possible and enforce cost saving measures to staff.
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
- Communicate to their superior any difficulties, guest or internal customer comment on and other relevant information
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years kitchen experience
- International experience is preferred
- Banqueting experience is preferred
- English - good oral and written skills
- Knowledgeable of food safety regulations
- Ability to work as part of a team, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Applying a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Working in a safe, prudent and organized manner
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.