Job description / Role
The position is responsible to lead the coordination of guests' needs and requests. The Chief Concierge understands all aspects of managing Doormen, Porters and Concierges and coordinates the team work that ensures great service and value for guests at all times.
- Reception team.
- Butler team.
- Raffles Service team.
- Food and Beverage team.
- Housekeeping team.
- Talent and Culture team.
- Residents and Guests.
- Tour and Ticket vendors.
- Limousine vendors.
- Non-hotel restaurants.
EXECUTES CONCIERGE CORE TASKS
- Accommodates all guest needs and requests with focuses on guest service, anticipating guest needs, and creating memorable experiences through personalised service.
- Takes responsibility and ownerships for all resident and visitor services rendered by the Concierge section.
- Carries out managerial duties and any other duties as and when assigned by the management of the hotel and department.
- Ensures the smooth running of the Concierge section by performing all tasks in adherence with the code of ethics as issued by Raffles & Fairmont Doha.
- Ensures service standards and individual performance are aligned with Accor Values - Guest Passion, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation and Respect.
DEALS WITH EXTERNAL STAKEHOLDERS
- Manages the overall limousine operation with focus on creating great service experiences and maximising revenues.
- Arranges, coordinates and monitors any travel, ticket, tour, and attraction bookings as well as offsite restaurant reservations that are arranged by the Concierge.
- Maintains fruitful partnerships with limousine vendors, tour and ticketing agencies and restaurants managers.
DEALS WITH INTERNAL STAKEHOLDERS
- Takes responsibility for the planning of 24-hours shift coverage for all teams under the Concierge section.
- Supervises all Concierges, Doormen and Porters in the daily operation, works with Reception and Raffles Service team, and maintains good inter-departmental relationships, especially with Housekeeping and Butlers to ensure seamless customer service.
- Promotes in-house facilities and inter-hotel sales and maintains good inter-divisional relationships to ensure seamless customer service.
- Addresses any security incidents and guest complaints to the Lobby Manager and reacts proactively when suitable and appropriate.
IMPROVES QUALITY OF PRODUCT AND SERVICES
- Ensures guests receive the experience as detailed brand Standard Operation Procedure (SOP), Raffles & Fairmont Doha Local Standard Operation Procedure (LSOP) as well as Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) standards, and aim to achieve the scores and goals set by management.
- Adheres to Work Safety and Health (WSH) policies and procedures and ensures all direct reports and peers are trained in and follow WSH guidelines.
Main Complexity/Critical issues in the Job
- Leads the coordination of guests' needs and requests and ensures a smooth Concierge, Doorman and Porter operation at all times.
- Maintains fruitful partnerships and relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages all personnel matters in the section.
Span of Control
- Mystery Guest Concierge Score LQA/Forbes 5 Star Target
- Guest Satisfaction Index Reputation Performance Score (RPS) Target
- Colleagues Engagement Survey Colleagues Engagement Survey Target
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in the hotel industry.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office in particular Excel.
- Good understanding of financial month-end processes.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in second language.
- Ascertains and addresses guest/colleague needs.
- Directs, trains and motivates individuals and creates and maintains a cohesive team.
- Possesses good working knowledge of budgets, forecasting, profit and loss statements.
- Focuses on service with an eye for detail and an approachable attitude.
- Works well under pressure, analyses and resolves problems, exercises good judgment and with a high degree of professionalism.
- Prioritises, and organises work assignments and delegates work effectively.
- Self-motivates and shows good initiative in a dynamic environment.
- Ensures security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information.
- Possesses good computer and property management system skills.
- Embraces and responds to change effectively.
- Equipped with up to date local market knowledge.
- Possesses diverse understanding on multi-cultural and luxury backgrounds of hotel guests and Food & Beverage patrons.
- Experiential focus.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.