Job description / Role
Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Security Client Technical Specialist position is an integral part of the sales organisation and work closely with the Sales team through the pre-sales cycle. The role requires carrying out solution technical presentations, demonstrations, delivering Proof-of-Concepts and ensure client readiness for the implementation of proposed security solutions. The role also expects Business Partner technical enablements are delivered for security intelligence, data monitoring and protection. Business Partner technical enablements are a channel to build Business Partner ecosystem, to keep them up to date with new security capabilities incorporated within our products and solutions.
In this role, you will be a solution subject matter expert - analysing customer situations and requirements and designing high quality security solutions, which are tailored to the client's business and technical needs in a way that is valued by the customer and superior to the competition. It is essential that you are to apply in-depth understanding of best practices, key concepts, products, offerings and services within the IBM Security portfolio and utilize knowledge and experience about technology, industry and
- Technical Accelerators that includes solution presentation, demonstrations, Proof of Technology & Proof of Concepts for IBM Security products.
- Engaging deployment team to review key deployment milestones such as architecture & design, installation & production setup
- Acts as IBM Security subject-matter technical expert to validate how a proposed solution meets and exceeds customer requirements.
- Build confidence with clients to become their trusted advisor for security.
- Supports sales team on prospect conference calls, WebEx and onsite visits by providing product demonstrations; expertly responds to technical questions and explains features in the context of solving customer's business problems using
IBM Security Solutions.
- Leads technical response to client's Request for Proposals (RFP) and Request
for Information (RFI) with the ability to articulate through writing clearly high- quality responses that describes the solution and how it meets the customers' functional and non-functional requirements.
- Proactively scope the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assess customers met and unmet needs, and recommend solutions that optimize value. Opportunistically pursue additional business development opportunities with the customer with Opportunity Identification.
- Monitor customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, intervening or alerting the sales and account teams to potential risks.
- Effectively communicate within the IBM Security Systems Division providing feedback from the field in support of business opportunities that can grow our
- Help deliver Business Partner technical enablements as the channel to
continually build & maintain their skills.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Holds a University Degree preferably with a Master of Science Degree
- CISSP or equivalent technical certification
- Fluency in spoken and written English. As optional, also Arabic.
- Ability to engage with multiple customers and transform their requirements to security solution design.
- Ideal candidate will have 3 or more years of Technical consulting/Technical sales/Technical Architecture experience in IT security encompassing On- Premise and SaaS solutions.
- At least 5 years' experience working in cybersecurity field implementing IT security solutions.
- A board range hands-on experience on security products demonstrated in the field.
- Experience in engaging with clients to help design threat management and data security solutions.
- Flexible to change and time-manage between multiple customer projects.
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.