Job description / Role
- Annual budget planning
- Capital expenditure budgets of the department.
Conditions of Work:
Job role requires work in air-conditioned office environment and movement in and around the property with exposure to extreme variations of weather conditions.
Role Overview Purpose:
Under the general direction of the Hotel Manager, General Manager or Managing Director and within the limits of the established policies and procedures, oversees and directs all aspects of Security and Safety within the property.
- Ensures that all activities adhere to and support the Accor International Quality Management System.
- Leads in directing, supervising and participating in the activities of all security personnel engaged in the implementation of the Raffles & Fairmont Doha's Fire, Life and Safety procedures
- Assists in developing Fire, Life & Safety and Security measures to safeguard,
- VIPs and other guests, the property and employees, vehicles own by the resort including 3rd party
- Under the guidance of the Hotel Manager, General Manager or Managing Director, coordinate with outside law enforcement agencies in the investigation and handling of crimes, accidents, etc., involving employees or guests
- To be familiar with all procedures related to fire prevention and evacuation and to ensure prompt decision making with regards to the safety and security of guests and employees
- Thoughtfully exercise initiative in decision making and alert or inform related executives, as situations requires
- To ensure all logbooks and registers are maintained correctly
- Prepares daily incident reports, requisition and other inter office memos as required
- Ensures that all allegations of crime and other incidents are investigated, recorded and reported to the Hotel Manager, General Manager or Managing Director.
- Conducts spot and random checks in various areas as required
- Maintaining comprehensive key controls
- Is responsible for Lost and Found items deposited with Security and for its safekeeping
- Cooperates and assists with other departments in all related matters
- Checks the performance of security personnel and reads logbooks, to determine if any follow up is required and corrects mistakes or inadequacies of security
- Is also responsible for conducting the performance appraisals yearly and bi-annually for the security department and the corrective action to be taken according to their performances.
- To ensure continual "on the job training" is carried out with all Team Leaders, Asst.Team leaders and Security Officers
- To conduct regular training sessions for the Team Leaders, Senior Security Officers and Security Officers in the resort and to ensure that the relevant document is complete.
- To ensure arrival and departure experience is a priority
- To assist Front Office team in luggage moves and delivery
- Performs any other duties as directed by management.
- Carries out additional tasks from time to time, by request of senior team members which may not be directly related to the job role but necessary for smooth operation of the resort
- Previous experience in luxury hotel/resort.
- Strong leadership, ability to train and motivate team.
- Solid time management, organization and prioritization skill.
- Safety and Risk Management Experience.
- First Aid with law enforcement experience is a plus.
- Good levels of written and spoken English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a remote location or island life.
Physical Aspects of Position:
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Normal administrative office and hotel working conditions, with some local/regional travel.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.