Cluster Purchasing Director
Job description / Role
- Responsible for knowing the market and the product in order to deliver the best to the Hotel operation following Hotel Level Policies, Accor Standards & Owners Delegation of Authority. Responsible for a smooth operation of Procurement department.
- Perform any other reasonable task assigned by the Executive Director of Finance.
It is not the intent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility.
- Inventory System and other applicable computer systems.
- Budgetary analysis capabilities
- Excellent market knowledge and negotiating skills and follow up.
- Efficient management of operations of Procurement Department in all aspects.
- Liaison with Procurement team, all operational heads to ensure smooth Operation and timely fulfilment of all requirements.
- Assist in audit preparations
- Identify and implement solutions to complex issues
- Support corporate strategies for reducing food cost and variable costs.
Core Work Activities:
- Implement Procurement policies, systems and procedures in accordance with Accor International standards.
- Research and develop new products and services for the hotel.
- Call for quotations and inquire into prices from various suppliers. Ensure that minimum of three genuine quotations are obtained.
- Manage Supplier and Vendor Relations.
- Follow-up and ensure that goods are delivered in accordance with the purchase order and without any delay.
- Keep back-up plan in case items cannot be delivered on a timely basis.
- Establish contracts to ensure reduced pricing for all operating areas of hotel.
- Monitor vendors for quality, service and price through standard purchasing satisfaction.
- Receive proper purchase requisition from Head of Departments.
- Raise the Local Purchase Order in the name of the selected supplier.
- Receive market list from the Executive Chef on a daily basis and arrange for delivery of those items daily.
- Ensure that the administrative procedures relating to the purchase of goods are followed.
- Ensure that the suppliers follow the rule relating to hygiene of goods delivered.
- Keep all records for audit purpose and for timely information.
- Maintain all documents, files and listing up to-date in the most efficient manner.
- Carry out regular market survey prices for all items and services for the hotel by keeping in touch with the suppliers constantly.
- Liaise with Purchasing Coordinator, Receiving Agent, Stores Supervisor, F&B Cost Controller and Department Heads.
- Update the stakeholders regularly regarding the FF&E progress.
- Ensure that the P&P are followed.
OSH (Occupational Safety & Health) Responsibilities
- Ensure associates are well aware about the safety aspects of work
- Ensure associates are well aware about the fire safety/ emergency preparedness programs
- OSH roles and responsibilities will be effectively communicated to team members
- Participate in the risk assessment activities
- Provide all employees with relevant OSH information in an appropriate manner
- OSH Performance review to be carried out for team members for their OSH roles and responsibilities communicated and to be held accountable
Accor Control-related tasks
- Understand control frameworks including self-audits & controls defined by Accor Internal Controls team.
All cash handling associates are required to understand:
- Policies & procedures specified in Accor Standards such as Cashiering Responsibilities, Cashier Overage & Shortages.
As a leader, you will be expected to demonstrate the specific behaviours listed below:
- Adaptability - Develops strategies and identifies resources to implement and manage change; models flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates the need for change in a positive way that encourages commitment.
- Communication - Actively listens and uses appropriate communication styles to deliver complex information in a clear concise way and influences others to accept a point of view, gain consensus, or take action.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and sets expectations for solving complex problems, collecting and comparing information to evaluate alternatives, considering their potential impact before making decisions, involving others to gain agreement and support, and guiding others to implement solutions.
- Professional Demeanour - Exhibits behavioural styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Focuses and guides others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Co-worker Relationships - Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
- Global Mind-set - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of organizational units, jobs, and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Personal Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information (e.g., data related to employee engagement, guest satisfaction, and property financial performance) to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges:
* Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
* Creative Oral Expression and Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas, and to communicate them with unusual, clever, or novel speech so that others will understand them.
English level: Speaking and understanding, reading and writing
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or any other related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum 3-year experience as Director of Procurement in 5 Star Hotel
Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities:
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences .
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.