Job description / Role
Scope and Objectives
To monitor, supervise and train the Cluster Reservations and Royal Services Agents in maintaining and delivering high levels of standards according to company policy and procedure. To assist the Cluster Assistant Reservations Manager in the operation and requirements of the department. In absence of the Cluster Assistant Reservations Manager , to be able to take on responsibility for the Reservations Department.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Understand the key principles of Accor Pricing Strategies and Revenue Management
- To ensure Cluster Reservations and Royal Services Agents are filling the responsibilities as outlined in their job descriptions.
- Monitoring the team performance on external calls, dining reservations and room reservations
- Supervising the day to day running of the reservations department ensuring that the work load is fairly distributed and completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Understand the key principles of Accor Pricing Strategies and Revenue Management, such as Retail, Corporate, Leisure, Group, Other, Rate Restrictions, hurdles and availabilities
- Maximize rooms and dining revenue through the conversion of telephone calls into sales
- Utilize effective up selling techniques
- Understand and take reservations to support the revenue management strategies employed by the Revenue Management leader in the both properties
- Be fluent on all hotel products and services
- Be fully conversant with all market segments and rate plans used across all distribution channels
- Be flexible in sales technique through offering the right product to the right guest at the right time
- Check the quality of reservations arrivals as per the task list assigned
- Audit the cluster reservations team to ensure the quality of the calls and emails
- Monitor the hotel inventory and report any issues to Cluster Revenue and Reservations Manager
- Ensuring a proper communication in place and the team are updated with the latest changes/offers
- Train, coach and support the cluster reservations and royal services agents to build a strong and highly skilled team
- Identify Sales opportunities through individuals, Corporate Accounts, Wholesalers and Travel Management companies
- Responsible for effective implementation and compliance with Accor Reservation Standards
- Achieve targeted goals in the Hotel Mystery Shopping calls
- Maintain accuracy and cleanliness of the PMS Database
- Ensure market segmentation is accurate for each reservation
- Merge profiles as necessary
- To effectively handle the top business partners with the hotel and portray vital importance and value to their business contribution with their reservations
- Ensure reservations meet the property standards in terms of accuracy of data and guest satisfaction
- To effectively handle the Top business partners with the hotel and portray vital importance and value to their business contribution with their reservations
- Complete understanding and effective execution of current and new RM tools. Includes Opera PMS/S&C.
- Be involved in all property PMS Conversions
- Handle group reservations and leads
- Complete understand and effective use of the Hotel's telephone system
- Maintain the Reservation correspondence
- To assist Cluster Revenue and Reservations Manager with the duties required for the smooth running of the department; non-guaranteed bookings, groups etc.
- To certify that all Cluster Reservations Agents are adhering to hotel standards and that these standards are implemented at all times.
- Support the Cluster Revenue and Reservations Manager with special projects as required
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Take on tasks in addition of the ones stated, with a positive can do mindset
- Be a "brand ambassador" at all times, ensure brand integrity and clarity are maintained
- Model the company's culture, vision, mission and core values at all times
- Maintain positive relationships with all guests, vendors, colleagues and GSO network
- At all times, represent Raffles Doha and Fairmont Doha in a professional, courteous and efficient manner
To be fully conversant with:
- Hotel fire procedures
- Hotel security procedures
- Hotel Health and Safety policy and procedures
- Hotel facilities and attractions
- Hotel standards of operation and departmental procedures
- Accor Grooming of Luxury and Appearance guidelines
- Accor values and its corresponding strategies
- Opera PMS
- Dining / Restaurant Reservations System
- Hotel PBX System
- Microsoft Office Programs
- Fluency in English, second language (Chinese, European Language or Arabic) is an asset
Whist working for the company there will be access to a wide variety of confidential information concerning the company, guests and associates. It is vital that all such information remains confidential and must not be disclosed to anyone outside the company, guests and associates, unless otherwise stated.
- Ensure confidentiality and secure storage of all intellectual property and data bases, both hard copy and electronic. Adhere to Accor Internet and Email policy
- Ensure Hotel, Customer and Staff information or transactions are kept confidential during or after employment with the company.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.