Job description / Role
High Rise Construction
QR Negotiable Tax Free Package
Digby Morris' client is a highly respected employer in the Qatari market. A privately owned main contractor which employs about 5000 employees entirely in Doha, the company has been operating for about 30 years and has a turnover in the region of $600m per annum. It is largely involved in traditional D&B construction projects including hotels and high rise commercial projects as well as residential and industrial projects.
- Provide overall direction to project teams in technical, commercial, legal and operational matters. Provide general direction to various support departments.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Review the contracting strategies for the tender, award, and execution of the EPC project components
- Conduct technical and commercial evaluations of all tender contracts and assist in post-tender negotiation activities.
- Review all project related contracts and any addenda, subsequent correspondence, proposed change orders and tender
- revisions. Ensure contracts conform to local regulatory and legal requirements and practices as well as FIDIC.
- Report on all project contract revisions and associated commercial implications.
- Working with the Project Manager and the Tender and QA/QC functions, ensure contract administration and invoicing reflect Contract Document terms and conditions - esp. materials and subcontractor services
- Handle contractual correspondence with the client.
- Prepare and log all correspondence received and sent related to all sub contractor, materials and service contract issues.
- Implement required contract reporting control procedures and associated information management systems.
- Initiate all follow up actions related to change orders and claims.
- Prepare monthly Contract Status and Claims Reports.
- Assist the Project Manager in resolving contract disputes with the Client, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Experience 15 to 20 years in Senior Position.
- Previous experience in Qatar is highly desirable.
- Building construction experience preferred over Civil.
- Middle East experience essential with use of FIDIC forms (EPC version preferable).
- To be proactive and take charge of commercial and contractual matters relating to Main Contract and Subcontracts.
- Good mannered, cooperative with team members
- Must have good knowledge of common computer applications including Word, Excel, Power Point and the Internet.
About the Company
Digby Morris one of the first choice recruitment consultancies operating within the property and construction industry. Offering expertise in executive search & selection, contingency recruitment, interim management and contract placements as well as a comprehensive range of specialist consulting services, we understand that every clients requirement is different and tailor each project to our clients\\' needs.
We specialise solely in the placement of property and construction professionals from graduates to senior managers, partners and main board directors. To date our clients have included:
- Private Practices
- Leisure Operators
- Financial Institutions
- House Builders
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies