Job description / Role
As a proven Commercial Manager, you will have a track record working on complex major construction projects. You will have the drive and confidence to work in a professional site or office-based team. You will need to be results driven and someone who is able to work at a fast pace in a team with energy and focus.
Roles and Responsibilities
• As the Commercial Manager you will be responsible for leading the projects commercial activities, including costs, contracts and surveying
• The Commercial Manager will provide commercial and contract support for the construction stage of the project.
• Understand the role of the contractor on site.
• Interacting with consultants and sub-contractors to ensure successful delivery of the construction.
• Must be able to close-out all commercial and contractual issues.
• Have the ability to manage a team of Surveyors on site.
• Forecast and monitor project cashflow.
• Oversee the Procurement process
• Thoroughly analyse the Tender and Contract documents of the project, sort the ambiguities
• Final negotiations of bid prices, variations and large procurement
• Preparation of Project Budgets, monitoring and giving notifications to the relevant stake holders
• Preparation and submitting of Prolongation cost claims and negotiation of Liquidity damages
• Implementing recovery measures to minimize the overruns
• Assisting Project team to recover the delays
• Proactive actions to minimize the disputes and early settlement of aroused conflicts
• Assisting corporate legal team on litigation matters
• Preparation of Monthly Project Cost Reports
• Preparation of risk analysis, recovery plans and various other reports
• Supporting to make Commercial related procedures for the Project team.
• Any Bachelor’s Degree
• Must have previous Middle East experience, preferably Qatar
• Minimum of 10 years Interior Fit Out experience, 5 as a Commercial Manager
• Good understanding of construction techniques and methodology
• Should be able to communicate professionally to all nationalities
• Experience of delivering complex contracts & a variety of projects
• A professional individual with a cooperative attitude, even when under pressure.
• Confident and clear communication skills (Oral & Written)
• A flexible approach with strong problem-solving skills.
• Commercially minded and able to identify improvements
• Able to prioritise multiple tasks.
• Able to act on own initiative and proactive way
About the Company
1000 Walls Interiors & Decoration is an Interior Design and Fit-out solutions provider which specializes in delivery of high-end luxury spaces and customized interior solutions. Our team carries extensive experience in Hospitality, Retail and Commercial sector with a focus into design, delivery and installation. We offer complete turn-key project management and delivery, relying on our vast network of local and international suppliers as well as our in-house building teams, which specialize in all aspects of project cycle, from design, MEP and structural steel works to joinery, partitions, gypsum works, FF&E delivery & installation, and bespoke finishes. We engage and have executed projects for all sectors of interior design and fit-out field - government and semi-government, retail, commercial, entertainment, food & beverage, hospitality and private residences. We comply with the highest international standards in quality of work, health & safety and environmental protection, and are certified as Grade-A general contractor.
Specialties: Design, Interior Fit-out, Civil Works, MEP Works, Structural Steel and Metal works, Upholstery, Glass Works, Procurement and Project Management.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Commercial Manager - Interior Fitout
One Thousand Walls
Project Manager - Construction
Ignite Search & Selection