Job description / Role
* Vast experience in managing Commissioning and start up activities in Oil and Gas domain covering both green field and Brown field projects.
* Must be able to prepare a commissioning plan and coordinate with all stake holders involved.
* Must be able to prepare commissioning and start up procedures in line with contractual scope of work, standards and guide lines.
* Prepare procedure for pre-start up audits, methodology, check lists, roles and responsibility matrix etc.
* Should have good experience in managing a commissioning team that comprises commissioning engineers, supervisors, technicians and specialists.
* Must be able to prepare Pre-commissioning, commissioning and startup procedures, and lead the Site acceptance tests and performance tests for the facility.
* Should have adequate knowledge in commissioning system definitions including systems & sub systems, Mechanical completion Procedures, hand over procedures, Completion management system procedures (CMS), Punch lists managing skills, Prepare the lists of pre-requisites for commissioning that may include documentation, utilities, consumables, specialized manpower etc.
* Must be able to develop commissioning work packs and checklists in an advance stage of project.
* Coordinate with all stake holders involved such as Engineering and construction team, Quality Assurance & Control team end users etc. to make sure that all engineering /construction conflicts related to technical compliance have been looked into and resolved prior to commissioning.
* Effective coordination with OEMs, Vendors and sub-contractor involved in the pre-commissioning and Commissioning activities.
* Guide the CMS coordinator (Completion management System) to have a software-based tracking system for each and every activity that may involve Pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup Site acceptance tests, resolution of commissioning punch points and following up the document generation for every defined step.
* Must have outstanding capability of maintaining cordial working relation with Client (Include state run energy companies), engineering consultants, sub-contractors, third party consultants, OEMs and vendors.
* The candidate must be conversant with Team management, Material management, time management, Project Risk assessment and Mitigations.
* Knowledge on multidiscipline commissioning activities in compliance with standards is mandatory and the commissioning manager in coordination with construction manager & Project manager, must be able to assess, analyses and mitigate any constraints that may come across commissioning that eventually may cause delay in startups.
* Should have basic knowledge on multi disciplines such as Mechanical, Civil, Loss prevention, E&I and Process in an Oil and Gas Upstream/Downstream Domain.
* Good knowledge on Process piping, Static equipment’s, Rotary equipment’s, E&I systems, Heat exchanging systems, Hydro carbon storage facilities, Utilities interface, Loss prevention systems, shutdown systems etc. is highly desirable.
* The candidate must be able to work in accordance with Qatar national and international standards and must be familiar with standards such as ASTM/ASME/Shell DEP/IEC, IEEE/API etc.
* Good knowledge on Safety and engineering studies is mandatory.
* Must have basic knowledge on automation systems such as Distributed Control systems, Supervisory Control and Data acquisition system, Shutdown systems and Field instrumentation.
* The candidate shall have good analytical reasoning for any issues that may arise during pre-commissioning and commissioning stage and must be in a position to mitigate such instances technically in coordination with the stake holders involved.
* A good knowledge on hazardous area classifications, Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) Electrical documents, Process flow diagrams (PFD), Utilities flow diagrams (UFD), Cause and effect Diagrams, General arrangements and isometric drawings etc. is mandatory.
* Must lead close out activities, post start up that may include Safety study close outs, Maintenance management system documentation close outs, Plant Operational Hand over certificate approvals, Performance tests approvals and coordinate with discipline engineers to close out Spare part interchangeability records. etc.
* Minimum 15 + years experience in Oil and gas EPIC Project management
* Bachelor of engineering (Mechanical/Process)
* Preference for locally available candidates
* Good communication & interpersonal skills
* Good knowledge on Safety and engineering studies.
About the Company
Tadmur Holding W.L.L. is one of Qatar’s leading business conglomerates, owning and operating a number of multi-disciplinary subsidiaries across the country. Since inception in 1985, our companies have catered to various business sectors through a wide range of products, services and solutions.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Project Manager - Construction
|Abu Dhabi||10 Aug|
Project Manager - Construction
Compass Project Consulting
ETST Metal Contracting LLC
MEP Construction Manager