Job description / Role
Communications Projects Coordinator
Reporting to the Chief Communications Officer, this position is responsible for identifying needs and researching organizational and workflow solutions for Communications activities. This position works closely with the Chief Communications Officer to define business initiatives and creates and write administrative policies and procedures to improve and increase Communications staff performance, productivity and efficiency.
• Provide administrative support to the Chief Communications Officer.
• Provides supports to the Chief Communications Officer to define business objectives, scope, exceptions and acceptance criteria.
• Serve as liaison to other departments and areas of the College on behalf of the Chief Communications Officer.
• Provides follow up as appropriate.
• Under the guidance of the Chief Communications Officer, the Communications Projects Coordinator manages the ongoing and project-based initiatives and projects as needed
• Responsible for designing and creating comprehensive Project Results Reports and dashboards for leadership (for all editorial and media relations activities).
• Supervises the Communications administrative staff and assigns schedules to ensure adequate coverage levels during vacations and peak times
• As directed, identifies and analyzes business requirements, develops policies and procedures to enhance and streamline the Communications Division’s operations.
• Manages the office of the CCO.
• Evaluates, enhances, improves and supervises the current divisional budgeting and invoicing process to ensure accurate data for generating reports, audits, and identifies opportunities for process improvement.
• Bachelor’s of Science Degree in related field
• At least 5 years of related experience in international organization.
• Exceptional ability to manage and produce reports (budgets, financials, metrics, etc.) for senior leadership
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Exceptional ability to manage and produce reports (budgets, financials, metrics, etc.) for senior leadership.
• Strong project management, process improvement, communication and organizational skills.
• Strong organization and communication skills.
• Proven project management skills.
• Strong verbal, written communications, and interpersonal skills.
About the Company
Founded in 1898 and affiliated with what is now New York - Presbyterian Hospital (NYPH) since 1927, Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar (WCM-Q) is one of the top-ranked clinical and medical research centers in the U.S. It is committed to excellence in research, teaching and patient care, and the advancement of the art and science of medicine.
In addition to the degree in medicine, Weill Cornell offers PhD programs in biomedical research and education at the Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences; a joint MD-MBA program with Cornell's Johnson School of Management; and a joint MD-PhD program with Rockefeller University and Sloan-Kettering Institute.