Job description / Role
EY’s NextWave strategy accounts for the dramatic and fast-paced changes that the world is undergoing, including rapid advances in technology, new client needs, macroeconomic and geopolitical shifts, and people’s new expectations of the future of work. These changes create exciting opportunities, but new opportunities also bring new risks. At the same time, increasing regulatory and compliance obligations add pressure on the firm and our client handlers.
Within the professional services environment, the management of risk is fundamental to the successful delivery of our client services and promotion of our brand. Our Risk Management team provides a second line of defense support encompassing the technical support and processes which enable and support the delivery of service quality, contain the threat of litigation, limit damage to our reputation and achieve full fee recovery.
The role is for an experienced Compliance officer to join our team to support the Kuwait, Qatar and Oman (KQO) cluster. You will be responsible for ensuring that all regulatory areas within the cluster are met and conduct ongoing review and evaluation of the framework in respect to compliance with policies, procedures, laws and regulations in order to minimize exposure to risks
Your key responsibilities
• Regulatory Compliance: manage the application of the firm’s compliance and risk framework (controls, testing, monitoring, and training) on a risk-based approach. As needed, you will implement any improvements to these policies as needed by the firm’s compliance and risk framework.
• Coordination of the risk management due diligence for acquisitions, technologies, alliances, new services
• Coordination of knowledge sharing and networking with the Service Line Quality
• Other risk management responsibilities as needed on training, special projects etc
Skills and attributes for success
• 5 + years of relevant experience working in compliance for a multinational organization
• Commercial awareness of the issues facing the business and the ability to deal with problems in a practical and common-sense way. Apply judgment to resolving complex risk and compliance matters.
• Ability to establish a high degree of credibility, respect and trust at all levels, including with senior partners of the firm.
To qualify for the role you must have
• Strong personal communication skills, capable of dealing with wide a range of people.
• Effective planning and organizational skills to prioritize key areas of responsibility, tasks and projects.
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Knowledge of Assurance or other regulated activities, and experience of working with regulators would be an asset.
• Arabic Language (Business communication level proficiency)
What we look for
• Relevant qualifications in compliance and/or experience with any of the policy areas would be an asset.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region