Job description / Role
Linum Consult’s client is a major organisation in Qatar. They are seeking a Compliance Monitoring Manager to join their team in Qatar.
• Developing and overseeing a system of compliance monitoring, ensuring accountability and conformity for all decision-making
• Developing a manual (policy, procedures, templates) prescribing the proper handling of activities related to Compliance Monitoring and ensuring its correct implementation
• Identifying critical issues and areas for conducting reviews and developing appropriate techniques for ensuring compliance
• Ensuring that methods and techniques applied correspond to the latest developments and international best practices in the field in order to continuously improve performance
• Proposing an annual plan of scheduled Compliance Reviews and overseeing its implementation
• Planning and overseeing the implementation of spontaneous Compliance Reviews arising from complaints, investigations, and other sources
• Monitoring and evaluating all activities within the division and documenting their status
• Managing staff and providing training to the Compliance Monitoring team
• Conducting reviews, meetings, and writing reports for senior management
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Studies, Accounting and/or Finance, ideally with an MBA or master’s qualification in a related subject
• 12-15 years’ experience in a compliance role within an international organisation
• Professional qualifications in Compliance would be preferred
• Good knowledge of Qatari culture, with a strong background of working in the country
• Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English and Arabic
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
• Due to our client’s ongoing commitment to Qatarization, our client’s first preference is to interview Qatari nationals for this opportunity.
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.
Director of Internal Audit
Group Consolidation Accountant
SFM Corporate Services
Head of Internal Audit
Big Fish Recruitment
Accountant - Budgeting and Reporting