Conference Services Manager
Job description / Role
The Conference Services Manager is to ensures guest satisfaction and banquet revenue to the next level. Ensure brand standards are maintained, strategize on new products and service offerings and create unforgettable experiences for our guests.
Observes and adheres to the Values of Accor, i.e. Guest Passion, Respect, Innovation, Trust, Sustainable Performance and Spirit of Conquest.
- Executive Committee.
- Sales, Events and Revenue Management Teams.
- Rooms Division.
- Food and Beverage Division.
- Talent and Culture Team.
- Finance and Business Support / IT Team.
- Arcade / Gift Shop Team.
- Accor Regional and Global Corporate Office Teams.
- International and local media.
- Social Influencers.
- Trade and Business Partners.
- Marketing Agencies.
- Charity Organizations.
- Responsible for planning and managing overall catering functions.
- Supervises total catering operations including client sales, catering staff and kitchen operations.
- Anticipates needs, forecasts result, and analyzes work processes for personnel in the department;
- Participate in negotiation of contracts, advice clients and staff about current catering trends and products and solicit current and new catering events in order to maximize revenue. Taking administrative responsibility for all catering events.
- Act as liaison to maintain effective lines of communication within and between all departments.
- Review Contracts and Banquet Event Orders to ensure proper pricing, quality and satisfaction.
- Work closely with the Banquet Director and Executive Chef to ensure and maintain levels of service.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference services. Works with client and customers to design events, budgeting and forecasting.
- Manages department payroll on a weekly basis;
- Maintaining effective relationships with clients and establishing new relationships;
- Responsible for all administrative duties which are necessary in the functioning of the department;
- Responsible for accurately forecasting revenues on a monthly basis;
- Responsible for the department's service scores, as measured by meeting planner surveys;
- Ensures that all departments meet all federal, state and local regulations affecting the hotel, its associates and guests;
- Provides the necessary training, motivation, and leadership for all department personnel;
- Tours, on a daily basis, the hotel function space and spot checks meeting room setups;
- Ensures that all equipment used in the department is in good order, and uses preventive maintenance schedules for all equipment;
- Creates and maintains a good working relationship with the Banquet team to ensure an elite level of client services;
- Attends revenue, BEO, pickup and resume meetings;
- Maintains rapport with outside purveyors, who provide services for the hotel and its guests through the Catering & Conference Services Department;
- Reviews, on a daily basis, client feedback and takes appropriate follow up actions;
- Conducts weekly department meetings.
Employee Communications / Relations
- Supports Talent and Culture team to achieve their goals through internal communications and external outreach including media interviews, maintaining digital media awareness and award submissions.
- Supports Accor's regional and global marketing and brand campaigns including community projects such as Planet 21.
- We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Main Complexity / Critical issues in the Job
- Manages inter-department relations to support smooth execution of work for self and team.
- Liaisons with regional and global offices to ensure hotel goals are met.
- Effective negotiation and liaison with suppliers to ensure effective campaigns to meet hotel's goals.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing / Communications or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years in Marketing Communications / Public Relations. Relevant experience in hospitality industry an advantage.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office.
- Oral and written fluency in English. Ability to speak other language and basic understanding of local languages an advantage.
- Service focused personality is essential and previous leadership experience required
- Proven ability to build and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders
- Communicate thoughts, actions and opportunities clearly with strong networking skills
- Ability to lead by example, believe in a strong team culture and set the scene for high performance
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels of employees.
- Service oriented with an eye for details.
- Ability to work effectively and contribute in a team.
- Good presentation and influencing skills.
- Multicultural awareness and able to work with people from diverse cultures.
- Flexible and able to embrace and respond to change effectively.
- Ability to work independently and has good initiative under dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated and energetic.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Take on tasks in addition of the ones stated, with a positive can do mindset
- Be a "brand ambassador" at all times, ensure brand integrity and clarity are maintained
- Model the company's culture, vision, mission and core values at all times
- Maintains positive relationships with all guests, vendors, colleagues and GSO network
- At all times, represent Raffles Doha and Fairmont Doha in a professional, courteous and efficient manner
To be fully conversant with:
- Hotel fire procedures
- Hotel security procedures
- Hotel Health and Safety policy and procedures
- Hotel facilities and attractions
- Hotel standards of operation and departmental procedures
- Accor Grooming of Luxury and Appearance guidelines
- Accor values and its corresponding strategies
- Methods of accepted payment of the company
- Short- and long-term company marketing promotions
- Hotel Evacuation Policy in case of an Emergency.
Whist working for the company there will be access to a wide variety of confidential information concerning the company, guests and associates. It is vital that all such information remains confidential and must not be disclosed to anyone outside the company, guests and associates, unless otherwise stated.
- Ensure confidentiality and secure storage of all intellectual property and data bases, both hard copy and electronic. Adhere to Accor Internet and Email policy
- Ensure Hotel, Customer and Staff information or transactions are kept confidential during or after employment with the company.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.