Job description / Role
• Overseeing the construction of a multi-million USD airport project specialized facilities
• Communicate with the Client’s representatives continuously regarding Project Progress and areas of concerns.
• Propose in house Project Management procedure to comply with Contract requirements and Client’s procedures.
• Establish and maintain specific project procedures for Design/Construction Supervision Management (as applicable)
• Prepare a special report to the Project Director to investigate any problem related to the Scope of Services and recommend solutions to Management
• Identify priorities and tasks and develop the organization structure to assure execution of tasks, by providing clear direction on methods, time frame and schedule to achieve the stated goals.
• Provide a clear definition of the roles and responsibilities of PM staff.
• Attend Executive meetings and progress meetings.
• Monitor performance to assure the successful delivery of the Key Performance Indicators and client contractual requirements.
• Advice the Project Director on any potential variation to the Design/Supervision Consultant and Contractor’s scope of work that may generate cost or time impact and present the Project Management’s assessment.
• Assist the Project Director in leading the Project Management staff in assessing variations and claims and report the technical position of the proposed variation to the Client.
• Advise the Project Director of any foreseen slippage of progress and propose corrective actions.
• Review weekly and monthly reports as presented by Design/Supervision Consultant(s) and Contractor and present to the Client comments of non-compliance, and/or area of concern and corrective actions.
• Coordinate with Design Manager during the detailed design stage of the Project to ensure Design Compliance with Client requirement avoid any cost impact.
• A degree in Engineering or Business related discipline is required.
• Post Graduate education, such as an MSC or PHD, is a bonus.
• A chartered certification such as PMP is expected.
• 20 or more years’ of experience of managing Multi-Million Dollar Airport projects
• Experience of negotiating commercial contracts to successful closeout.
• Ability to think ahead, identify new opportunities and create new and innovative approaches to work-related issues.
• Strong Management and communication.
• Demonstrates a determination, desire to succeed and a wish to progress and develop within a commercial role.
• Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel and strong user skill level within MS Office or Primavera.
• Excellent numerical and communication skills.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Head of Construction
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
Project Manager - Museum Construction
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|
MAYKS HR Consulting
|Saudi Arabia||18 Jan|