Job description / Role
• The Construction Manager is responsible for managing all construction activities at the project activities as per schedule including subcontractors.
• He acts as a liaison between site & project management and represents the Project Manager in his absence.
• He is also responsible for coordinating with all the disciplines to ensure timely project delivery.
• Attend kick-off meeting, understand technical requirements and ensure mobilization as per plan.
• Organize project teams, manage resources and arrange trainings & permits through clients as required.
• Meet and Communicate with client & consultant regularly and ensure minutes are recorded and distributed.
• Oversee documentation & transmittals as per company policies and project requirements.
• Direct construction activities from beginning to completion in accordance with contract conditions.
• Monitor staff, workers & subcontractors to deliver high quality & safe output as per planning schedule.
• Analyze & predict construction issues and resolve the same in a timely manner.
• Manage revenue through timely approval & billing for work completed and follow up for payments.
• Brief internal teams - Procurement, HR, DC, QHSE to translate requirements and maintain follow up to ensure mobilization or compliance requirements are met as per deadlines.
• Coordinate movement of manpower, materials & machinery internally & externally
• Report project progress on a daily basis to Projects Manager, Clients & Consultants.
• Raise a flag to the management for any forecasted project delays or revenue issues.
• Provide inputs to the Planning, Engineering team & Estimation teams for current & future projects.
• Report safety issues and resolve the same in a timely manner.
• Should possess a bachelor's degree in architecture or civil engineering
• Should have at least 10 to 15 years experience in similar roles with contracting companies in GCC countries working on high-end luxury residential & commercial projects.
• UPDA/MMUP certification from Qatar is a must.
• Should have an eye for detail and a passion for high quality construction and finishing
• Should have analytical, problem solving & project management skills. PMP certification would be an advantage.
• Should be familiar with construction management software and possess sound knowledge of Qatar Construction Specifications
About the Company
Shelter Group is a leading general contracting construction and engineering support services business operating as a "one-stop" house.
For over 40 years, Shelter has executed hundreds of projects in the Middle East and Gulf regions. Across a wide variety of sectors, engineers, designers, builders, planners, project and facilities managers work hand in hand to exceed our clients' expectations.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
MAYKS HR Consulting
Construction Manager (Resident Engineer)
Senior Project Engineer/Project Manager
Project Manager - Museum Construction
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|
Head of Construction
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE