Job description / Role
• The Construction Manager is responsible for managing all construction activities at the project activities as per schedule including subcontractors.
• He acts as a liaison between site & project management and represents the Project Manager in his absence.
• He is also responsible for coordinating with all the disciplines to ensure timely project delivery.
• Attend kick-off meeting, understand technical requirements and ensure mobilization as per plan.
• Organize project teams, manage resources and arrange trainings & permits through clients as required.
• Meet and Communicate with client & consultant regularly and ensure minutes are recorded and distributed.
• Oversee documentation & transmittals as per company policies and project requirements.
• Direct construction activities from beginning to completion in accordance with contract conditions.
• Monitor staff, workers & subcontractors to deliver high quality & safe output as per planning schedule.
• Analyze & predict construction issues and resolve the same in a timely manner.
• Manage revenue through timely approval & billing for work completed and follow up for payments.
• Brief internal teams - Procurement, HR, DC, QHSE to translate requirements and maintain follow up to ensure mobilization or compliance requirements are met as per deadlines.
• Coordinate movement of manpower, materials & machinery internally & externally
• Report project progress on a daily basis to Projects Manager, Clients & Consultants.
• Raise a flag to the management for any forecasted project delays or revenue issues.
• Provide inputs to the Planning, Engineering team & Estimation teams for current & future projects.
• Report safety issues and resolve the same in a timely manner.
• Should possess a bachelor's degree in architecture or civil engineering
• Should have at least 10 to 15 years experience in similar roles with contracting companies in GCC countries working on high-end luxury residential & commercial projects.
• UPDA/MMUP certification from Qatar is a must.
• Should have an eye for detail and a passion for high quality construction and finishing
• Should have analytical, problem solving & project management skills. PMP certification would be an advantage.
• Should be familiar with construction management software and possess sound knowledge of Qatar Construction Specifications
About the Company
Shelter Group is a leading general contracting construction and engineering support services business operating as a "one-stop" house.
For over 40 years, Shelter has executed hundreds of projects in the Middle East and Gulf regions. Across a wide variety of sectors, engineers, designers, builders, planners, project and facilities managers work hand in hand to exceed our clients' expectations.
Project Manager (Villa Project)
Ignite Search & Selection
Construction Project Manager
MAYKS HR Consulting
Construction Manager - Buildings
MAYKS HR Consulting