Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a high growth Consulting team, where you will play a key role in developing and delivering strategy based projects, to clients in the Government and public sector in Qatar. You will be part of PwC's Middle East Defence Practice. The Middle East Defence Practice works with defence clients in both the government and industrial facets of defence consulting. The team offers clients a wide range of consulting expertise including, but not limited to:
- Acquisition and procurement.
- Education and Training.
- Industrial Development.
- Organisational set up, transformation and development.
- Operational excellence including finance, HR and other operational functions.
- Supply chain development and logistics transformation.
- Cost reduction and efficiency optimization.
- Commercial support inclusive of mergers and joint ventures.
- Strategy development and capability enhancement.
The Middle East Defence Practice are looking for a Director to lead the establishment and expansion of defence opportunities in the country. The role will include:
- Building a capable defence team, under the guidance and oversight of the Middle East defence leadership.
- Establishing effective client relationships with key client organisations, across both the government and industrial markets.
- Identifying and shaping opportunities for projects for the Middle East defence practice.
- Delivering quality solutions to clients across the defence environment in Qatar.
- Working with the wider Middle East Defence Practice to bring the best regional and global solutions to Qatar clients.
- Develop and implement a market establishment and expansion strategy for the country, with a particular focus on PwC's technology, digital and innovation capabilities.
- 15+ years of experience working in the defence environment, either in government or industry.
- Big 4 consulting or leading strategy consulting house experience.
- Previous (current preferable) experience working in the Middle East, with proven capability of building relationships and teams in the Middle East cultural environment
- Proven leadership capabilities for both direct reporting personnel and wider programme teams.
- Internationally recognized qualifications relating to subject expertise.
- Knowledge of the Middle East Defence market.
- Proven experience in the delivery of defence programmes, especially large scale, transformative and strategic.
- Proven experience of building teams from relative scratch, with ability to develop and implement market expansion strategies.
- Arabic Speaking.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.