Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
The Financial Services Consulting team provides a full range of services to our Banking & Financial Services clients, including Strategy and Revenue Growth (Entry strategy, Product portfolio analysis, Business plan development and Optimization of revenue generation), Operational excellence (Organization restructuring, Corporate governance development, Organisation transformation, Performance Management, Outsourcing & Shared Services strategies and Cost optimisation), Risk consulting (Risk appetite definition, Risk framework development, Risk reviews and alignment), Technology enablement (System selections, Implementation program management) and Analytics.
We are a growing team and looking for dynamic, flexible, proactive and hardworking experienced consultants who have a passion for shaping financial services positively in the GCC over the coming years. We have a strong pipeline of large, transformational opportunities with our clients which will provide great opportunities for all our people to step up and play significant and rewarding roles.
We are looking for someone to lead & develop our Financial Services consulting practice in Qatar.
Line of Service Overview
In Consulting, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the best across industry and professional functional advisory services. We focus on helping solve client problems by offering both strategic and operational deep industry expertise. We pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships with companies and organizations, always ensuring that we are able to bring the best insights and solutions to help them tackle whatever critical issues they may face. Our Consulting practice currently focuses on several core industry sectors including (Financial Services, Consumer and Industrial Products & Services, Energy, Utilities & Mining, Government, Health Industries, Finance Function, People and Organisations, and Technology)
- Target driven business development and sales of services in the area of domain expertise
- Preparation, management and delivery of assignments: typically have a day-to-day responsibility for managing multiple assignments
- Service a wide variety of clients, getting to know their unique businesses and needs
- Work with clients including private and listed companies, partnerships, trusts and individuals
- Manage project teams and participate in a collaborative team, with a focus on knowledge sharing and thought leadership
- Supervise and train Managers, Assistant Managers, Consultants and Senior Consultants - assign and coach junior members of the project team on execution of fieldwork
- Should be able to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary
- Demonstrate teamwork and responsibility with the engagement team members; stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client's business; and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided
- 15+ years' experience in a similar role
- In depth financial sector acumen and understanding of the underlying market forces affecting the performance of organisations and their strategic objectives
- Expertise in one or multiple areas within the banking and financial services domain
- Prior engagements in strategic or C-suite level agenda and/or strategic programs
- Demonstrable track record in development and implementation of practical solutions to complex strategic challenges
- Wide exposure to infrastructure capabilities supporting business delivery
- Proven strong conceptualized thinking and analytical capabilities
- Demonstrable high quality planning and execution capabilities
- Demonstrable abilities in crisis management and restructuring activities. Should have a track record in relationship management and business development
- Should have gained previous experience in managing staff and the ability to demonstrate leadership skills
- Strong portfolio / Program / project management skills
- PC proficiency including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Domain expertise and proven knowledge of financial services as well as management consulting
- Consulting experience with a reputable professional services firm
- Possess style and credibility to earn the attention of clients and have a firm hand in the execution agenda
- Outstanding intellectual capability
- Unquestioned integrity and personal values
- Strategic, focused, tenacious and results orientated
- Skilled judgement based on sound analysis with a 'big picture' orientation
- Ability to push boundaries in the clients' organisation, lead vis influence and be a catalyst for, and a driver of, change in the organisation
- Ability to lead in a multicultural environment at a senior level and excellent teaming skills
- Articulate, exceptional interpersonal, communication, presentation and motivational skills
- Relationship - focused (with clients, peers, management etc.)
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Shows creativity in problem solving
- Self-motivation to take initiative for personal growth and development
- Have a passion to succeed and helping others to grow
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Economics and Quantitative
- Analysis or other related major required
- CA/CFA/MBA or equivalent
- Incumbent must have an outstanding academic record from a well recognised institution
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.