Job description / Role
This position coordinates, monitors, and maintains the accreditation of educational activities as well as the full cycle of planning, organizing and executing activities, collaborating with all internal and external stakeholders as necessary.
• Coordinates preparation of Regularly Scheduled Series (RSS), providing on-site support for each activity, attendance, the distribution and collection of evaluation feedback, faculty disclosure and commercial support acknowledgement ensuring compliance.
• Coordinates the full cycle of projects related to activities and events in the CPD Division. Ensures that project related issues are resolved, logistics are in place, timelines are met and other requirements are acted upon and brought to completion.
• Plans and organizes travel arrangements for the division. Liaises with HR in Doha and the WCM-Q Office in NY to coordinate flights, hotel room reservations and ground transportation for educational or business purposes.
• Under the direction of Manager, CPD, monitors status of accredited activity applications and follows-up as needed. Immediately reports to the Manager any problems noted with applications.
• Prepares and compiles documents required for accreditation of continuing education activities, ensuring compliance with Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and Qatar Council for Healthcare Practitioners (QCHP) requirements.
• Compiles and maintains current and accurate data of accredited activities and participant information. Produces reports as requested.
• Initiates shopping carts ensuring compliance with WCM-Q financial polices and procedures. Assists with the review and coordination of the payment of invoices and reimbursement of business expenses in accordance with WCM-Q financial policies and procedures.
• Assists faculty or staff from other divisions with any queries relating to the CPD Division, either by providing information based on own knowledge or directing the query to other staff or faculty as appropriate.
• Maintains confidentiality of information.
• Manages the office electronic and paper filing system, photocopies, and performs other daily tasks such as screening, logging and prioritizing incoming telephone calls, mail and e-mail, creating division SARFs and ITS tickets.
• Performs other job related duties as required.
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
• Equivalent combination of education and experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
• 4 or more years’ secretarial/administrative experience.
• Prior Experience in Medical and/ or Healthcare environment is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and within a team.
• Ability to multi-task/handle simultaneous tasks and excellent project management skills.
• Ability to think creatively and strategically and develop innovative solutions to challenging problems.
• Organized, detail oriented
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite and database applications.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
• Flexibility in working hours is essential.
About the Company
Founded in 1898 and affiliated with what is now New York - Presbyterian Hospital (NYPH) since 1927, Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar (WCM-Q) is one of the top-ranked clinical and medical research centers in the U.S. It is committed to excellence in research, teaching and patient care, and the advancement of the art and science of medicine.
In addition to the degree in medicine, Weill Cornell offers PhD programs in biomedical research and education at the Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences; a joint MD-MBA program with Cornell's Johnson School of Management; and a joint MD-PhD program with Rockefeller University and Sloan-Kettering Institute.