Job description / Role
Origin International is looking for an experienced Contract Administrator to join an award winning global tier 1 contractor in Doha, Qatar.
You will be responsible for the administration of contracts, disputes avoidance or resolution and claims preparation.
• Studies the Contract Documents to become thoroughly acquainted with exact contractual requirements
• Advises the Site QS teams on the eligibility to raise variations /claims
• Issues all contractual notices on time as per the Conditions of Contract to avoid losing any contractual rights
• Advises the Contracts Manager in case of any anticipated contractual risk in the course of contracts execution and advise the appropriate methodology to deal with it
• Makes sure that disputes are avoided from the early stage
• Educates project staff on the fundamentals of contracts
• Liaises with the Projects Manager to make sure that the defects liability certificate/final taking over is obtained after the expiry of the defects liability period to clear our liability for defects
• Bachelor degree in Engineering or Quantity Surveying
• 5+ year’s experience in contracts administration working for large international contractors
• Excellent computer skills
• Fluent knowledge of English language (read,write,speak)
• Leadership and ownership of the processes
• Professional development, team work, process excellence, time management, negotiation
About the Company
Origin International is a specialist recruitment company set up to supply highly skilled Engineering and Construction staff throughout the Middle & Far East, and as we are a privately-owned company we are free from some of the political pressures that surround many of our rivals. We have a strong emphasis on client relationships and candidate satisfaction.
We are dedicated to providing the best industry focused recruitment service of temporary, long term and permanent candidates to all roles within the construction and engineering sector.
Placing emphasis on honesty, respect and reliability we build long term relationships with the people and organisations with whom and which we work.
By matching the right person to the right job we take the pain out of recruitment for both our clients and candidates, realising their potential.