Job description / Role
Contract Expert - Infrastructure, Qatar
• Join the FIFA Infrastructure Boom
• Public Works Government Authority
The country of Qatar continues to experience substantial construction growth with infrastructure budgets rising to over $70B for infrastructure and road projects by 2022. To support this growth, our client; the public works authority; seeks to recruit 2 x Contracts Expert for their Infrastructure Division to manage the pre and post contracts of various Infrastructure projects from pre contract for tender to contract award, as well as post contract for variations, claims, insurance and payments.
Reporting to the Contracts Director (Qatari National) and working as part of the Infrastructure team, your responsibilities in the role will include:
• Delivery of contract management services within the firm’s supply chain partners comprising Program Management Consultants, Design Consultants, Contractors and Suppliers.
• Contract management and procurement administration (applications for payment, invoices, change orders, variations and claims, etc.)
• Application of commercial governance procedures across projects to provide regular and validated reports on programme and project commercial performance.
• Preparation of regular cost control and forecast reports and briefing papers on the financial status of construction programs for the infrastructure division.
• Management of commercial risk across the project programmes and support the programme team in preparation of management reports to propose strategies for mitigation.
• Management of the contract performance of the Program Management Consultants and provision of feedback to ensure continuous improvement in the quality of service delivered through the supply chain.
• Preparation of reports and briefing documents to ensure that financial and contract performance is monitored according the firm’s requirements.
• Degree qualified Engineer / Quantity Surveyor with quantity surveying or contract administration specialisation with a minimum of 15 years’ relevant contract management experience in infrastructure projects.
• A proven track record of successful contract management on high profile infrastructure programmes of national importance.
• Strong communication and collaborative skills to represent the firm at the highest levels of Government and major supply organisations.
• Preferably candidates should be experienced in implementation of infrastructure programmes in excess of USD500M.
• Experience in directing and managing significant engagements from the client side, preferably within a government agency.
• Experience of working in the GCC or in an expatriate environment is highly desirable.
A competitive national package will be provided to attract the top candidates to the role.
Apply below your resume in Word format.
IMPORTANT: Your application must include the following information:
• Comprehensive resume listing your full employment history in reverse chronological order.
• List of educational qualifications including where and when completed
• Current daytime contact details
About the Company
1Recruit International LLC is an international global recruitment and human resource solutions consultancy with a global mind set and a proven track record in talent management. Resourcing across an array of executive business sectors, our corporate mission entails client satisfaction through quality orientation; a consultative approach, delivery excellence and innovation through 'best fit candidates technically, behaviourally and culturally.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Quantity Surveyor - Consultancy