Job description / Role
• Can you help societies thrive in a world we cannot control?
• Can you anticipate the unforeseeable, perceive the unexplainable, and plan something unbelievable?
• Can you design the unthinkable?
• Can you think international and still act local?
WSP are looking for a Contract Manager (Procurement) who will be accountable for managing the Procurement Strategy, manage suppliers, facilitate credit negotiations, bid evaluation, to meet the financial and operational requirements of one of our major programmes in Qatar.
The key objectives of the role will be to:
• Manage the procurement strategy, sourcing and procurement plans to be implemented across the Program
• Manage preferred supplier partnerships, monitoring performance and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
• Responsible for the governance and controls of all aspects of the procurement process.
• Incorporates best practices and market research into procurement practices to ensure the project obtains value for money.
• Makes recommendations on policies and procedures as needed to ensure the success and compliance of all procurement-related activities.
• Manage and maintain the ERP Procurement module and the setting up of catalogue items, supporting managers as required on their product requirements
• Manages and reviews documents for the procurement of all supplies, equipment and services and ensures compliance the Procurement Policy and Procedures Manual, as well as applicable local laws.
• Work closely with the Commercial team to ensure the best practices are being adopted on the management of key suppliers / partners.
• Ensure we conform to the highest standards (ethical, social diversity and environmental), in both the way we work and the goods and services that are procured.
• How will you know when you are successful in this role?
• Contracts are beneficial to the company in terms of cost and value.
• Positive influences on the budget.
• The commercial and financial risk to our business is mitigated
In order to meet the challenge you will have the following skills and experience:
• Bachelors’ degree in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering
• Demonstrable track record of working 15 years minimum on a variety of large complex construction projects, with 5 years experience in similar organization and system development
• Professional Member, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, UK (MRICS)
• High level of commercial awareness and ability to understand contract terms and conditions.
• High level of computer literacy including spreadsheets.
• Languages: Fluent in all aspects of English – Arabic is an advantage
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.