Job description / Role
We are looking for a Contracts Administrator for our prestigious infrastructure project in Doha, Qatar. You will report to the Contracts Manager and perform contract administration assignments for large engineering/construction projects. Thoroughly understands and applies good contract management and administration principles.
• Drafts tenders and contracts for large engineering/construction projects and prepare pre-qualification packages with the technical/requesting department. Ensures that the tenders and contracts are thoroughly reviewed for contractual, legal, safety, risk management, financial, tax, and accounting issues and provisions prior to submitting to management/client for approval.
• Prepares pre-qualification documents for different types of contracts in conjunction with job officers/project engineers and recommends bidders list for approval. Assist in processing of contractor payment requests. Review and comment on progress reports.
• Oversee the execution of requests for proposals (RFP's), requests for qualification (RFQ's), and invitations to bid (ITB's). Responsible for development of tendering and related documents, assist in the programme's tendering process, assist in the award of construction contracts, manage, administer, and supervise awarded construction contracts, provide other programme support as required.
• Plans and executes pre-tender and pre-contract stages, including commercial evaluation of tenders received, ensuring the contracting strategies and the ultimate contracts developed are consistent with company approved policy.
• Provides support service when required in “interpretation of contract” during the course of the contract and ensures its close-out is in accordance with established procedures. Participates as a member of the negotiating team for technical and commercial evaluation of tenders. Conducts contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and contract specifications.
• Progress claims and Contractual matters, Prepare routine progress reports related to assigned contracts, and Client/Project Manager liaison. Monitors and administers the business provisions of assigned contracts to ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions. Advise the Contracts Manager regarding scope, financial, and risk issues and concerns of applicable contracts.
• Identifies contractual problems and possible claims by contractor and takes appropriate action to ensure a satisfactory resolution and informing management/client of the same. Generates and maintains documentation for analyzing, negotiating, and drafting change/variation orders with contractors. Collaborates with client/management Procurement personnel on project contract and subcontract matters.
• Monitors project expenditures versus contract cost limitations. Prepares letters to clients notifying them of contract cost limitations and requirements for additional funds. Prepares letters to clients requesting approvals and interpretations required to comply with the provisions of the contract.
• Follows up on problems demanding management attention to ensure a timely response to a client. Assists in the writing and preparation of the scope of works, BOQ’s and tender documentation, call and evaluate the tenders, compile and negotiate contracts with Advises management of contractual rights and obligations; compiles and analyzes data; and maintains historical information. the main contractors, administer the contracts through to final payments and retentions.
• Prepares tender enquiry documents based on work scope and other requirements according to policy guidelines. Arranges Contractor’s visits, as required, to end-user locations and participates in pre-tender clarification/site visit meetings.
• Prepares commercial/contractual evaluation including analysis of quoted rates and prices. Reviews commercial and contractual evaluation including analysis of quoted rates and prices to reveal the pricing strategies adopted by various tenderers, contractual qualifications and their effect on the final contract cost and claims, financial strength and legal/commercial status of tenderers etc.
• Attends pre-award meetings, clarifications and negotiations with bidders prior to contract award to resolve any pending matters prior to signature and finalization of the formal contract with the contractors. Provides supporting services when required in the interpretation of contracts after contract award. Carries out other related or similar duties as assigned, such as preparation of variation orders, claims, and other contracts administration, as and when required.
• B Sc degree in Quantity Surveying (QS), construction management, civil engineering or related field preferably with chartered status
• Minimum Experience:
• 10 years of related prime contract administration experience (including claims and disputes) with design and supervision consultancy firms supporting large construction and infrastructure projects preferably in the gulf/middle east.
Further Qualification Required:
• English language proficiency is required.
• The incumbent must also possess strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, and a working knowledge of PC software packages typically associated with contract administration.
• Requires a working knowledge of industry business practices and the negotiation of prime design/build and construction contracts.
• Post-award contract administration. Working knowledge of FIDIC and familiar with other international forms of conditions of contract related to design/build, consultancy and construction contracts.
• Work with project managers, architects, engineers, clients and others to ensure project goals are met.
Further Experience Required:
The successful candidate must have experience in construction contract administration, understand/comprehend Terms and Conditions, the legal issues, be able to interpret and understand contracts, must be very organized, must have effective problem solving, and negotiation skills.
Experience working on multimillion dollar construction and infrastructure projects.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.