Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East are currently looking for a Contracts Manager to be responsible for managing and maintaining all aspects of commercial, contracts and financial elements of an infrastructure supervision project in Qatar.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Leading the overall compliance of the processes and procedures necessary to deliver the project, identifying issues impacting compliance with successful delivery, and assisting in successful issue resolution.
* Oversight of cost estimates and methods to review proposals for budget constraints and compliance.
* Oversight of current cost estimates and cash flow projections.
* Oversight of cost estimates with the budgets for each project and the Master Budget.
* Delivery of comprehensive reports, commercial and operational to the client.
* Providing oversight and advice on contractual correspondence.
* Providing oversight and advice on claims.
* Providing oversight and advice on site instructions.
* Providing oversight and advice on extensions of time.
* Providing oversight and advice on payments.
* Providing oversight and advice on changes and claims.
* Providing oversight and advice on correspondence to the Tenders and Auctions Committee.
* Providing direction and guidance on procurement strategies.
* Managing the tender process from issue to award.
* Providing contract and commercial advice and guidance.
* Providing Regional and Global expertise to meet client's needs.
* Collaboratively working with the client counterparts to provide advice on compliance and agreement on matters in dispute.
* Collaboratively working with the client in providing advice and support.
* Interacting with the corporate Regional and Global offices to support client specific needs and to implement best practices.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Bachelor Degree in Quantity Surveying with suitable contractual, legal or commercial background or equivalent.
* Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS).
* Minimum 20 years experience.
* Registration with the MMUP is required.
* In-depth knowledge and experience of the commercial management of complex projects at all stages of the design, construction and project management.
* Middle East construction experience added benefit, delivery experience in Saudi Arabia would be a differentiator.
* Knowledge of FIDIC forms of contract.
* Excellent written English for preparation of contract notices, letters, variation instructions, cost reports and communications.
* Good negotiation skills to agree contracts and variations with third parties.
* Large company & project financial control systems use & understanding.
* Good attention to detail and ability to review payment applications, certifications and contracts prior to issue.
* Excellent communication skills.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.