Job description / Role
Provide in-depth and structured analysis to support the group-level (corporate) strategy, providing recommendations QF senior management on how company can enhance its impact and best deploy its resources to support development agenda and aspirations.
Leading organisation driving key projects across the Middle East.
* Conduct analysis to identify options by which company can enhance its impact, systematically evaluate these options and submit recommendations with clearly founded facts and logical justification.
* Provide guidance on specific corporate strategy methodologies and logic models which can feed into corporate strategy projects (such as updates of strategy, setting of level targets etc).
* Assess the need for and recommend new projects to further develop and fine-tune strategy, which could include updates to priorities, initiatives or KPIs / targets and advise of means by which staff can be engaged in such projects.
* Recommend and design specific analysis projects that will enable a deep-dive view and analysis in specific aspects of strategy, engage company and other stakeholders appropriately and submit options and recommendations.
* Appraise and assess strategies of divisions and centers as well as proposed initiatives in terms of impact, for strategic alignment and return on investment in terms of impact.
* Respond to ad-hoc requests for analysis and advice, by structuring analysis, allocating work to team members and setting up mechanisms to ensure on-time delivery and satisfaction of users.
* Develop and mentor team members, by designing and delivering training courses on strategy, and by providing on the job coaching and mentoring
Highly competitive salary package and benefits on offer for the right candidate
* The position holder would preferably have worked previously in a leading strategy consulting firm (not general consulting) or in a strategy related role in a corporate (multinational).
* Strategic thinking - it would be expected that the position holder has an MBA degree with considerable emphasis on strategy. The position holder must have a strong grasp of the latest strategic frameworks and experience in applying them, and must be very structured in their thinking.
* Analysis - the person must be very analytical and able to deal with complex problems in a structured way. They must be adept at modelling (including financial) and preparing conceptual frameworks and also have considerable experience conducting research. The position holder should demonstrate the ability to conduct industry analysis, value chain analysis and business feasibility studies for example.
* Broad Industry Knowledge - The position holder should have broad experience across a range of industries and sectors in order to be able to effectively grasp the breadth of activities. This would include exposure to both the private sector and development oriented organisations.
* Communication / Facilitation - The position holder must be able to effectively present findings and recommendations to the highest levels of management. The position holder must be able to facilitate group discussions on strategy development and also give professional presentations.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.