Job description / Role
Grow costing and financial performance through analysis of financial results, forecasts, variances, and trends. Create recommendations to be presented to management and executives Aid in the budgeting Capital Budgeting Best Practices Reconcile existing transactions through cross-referencing of incoming and outgoing data Conduct comparable analysis and market research to support internal financial analysis and industry competitors costing Responsible for maintaining up-to-date technical knowledge of financial instruments, market conditions, and trends.
• Perform forecasting Projecting Income Statement Projecting income statement line items begin with sales revenue, then cost of services sold, gross profit, selling general and admin (SG&A), depreciation, amortization, taxes, EBITDA, and net income.
• Analyze financial data – and create models Types of Financial Models The most common types of financial models include: 3 statement model, DCF model, M&A model, LBO model, and budget model. Discover the top 10 types of Excel models in this detailed guide, including images and examples of each.
• Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
• Analyze past results, perform analysis Variance Analysis Variance analysis can be summarized as an analysis of the difference between planned and actual numbers.
• Work closely with the accounting team & sales to ensure accurate financial reporting, product costing, and decision support
• Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts Projecting Income Statement Line Items We discuss the different methods of projecting income statement line items.
• Guide analysis Cost Driver cost driver is the direct cause of a cost, and its effect is on the total cost incurred.
• Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
• Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials
• Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
• Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models Types of Financial models the most common types of financial models include, familiarity with data query/data management tools extremely helpful (Access, SQL, Business Objects)
• Strong fluency with functions Excel Formulas Cheat Sheet CFI's Excel formulas
QAR 7,000 to 10,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: visa, ticket, insurance
• 5-7 years experience as a Cost Accountant
• BA, BS, or B.Com degree required (Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics)
• Strong analytical and data gathering skills
• Good business acumen
• Preferred Qualifications Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Statistics are preferred major fields
• Proven work experience in a quantitatively-heavy role
• Strong quantitative and analytical competency
• Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
• Excel Advanced Excel Formulas
About the Company
Excelsior is a bespoke HR and recruitment consultancy, specialising in the Security, Facilities Management, Education and Automotive sectors. Excelsior provides a high quality, reliable and affordable solution to companies in these sectors.
Exciting opportunities and market insights will be regularly posted on this page. If you are a talented individual looking for a change, then our highly experienced Consultants are ready to match you with an exciting new career opportunity.