Job description / Role
Complete accounting, allocation, and planning and stewardship tasks for costs and expenditures for Qatargas operating and support groups. Provide first point of contact support for adhoc queries around finance & planning processes.
Key Job Accountabilities:
• Provide guidance on items that can be accrued under accepted accounting principles. Secure documentary evidence from the business supporting the accrual. Prepare & process journal entries in SAP. Prepare and process accounting journals and associated account reconciliations on behalf of cost centre owners.
• Provide guidance on SAP cost object usage to cost centre owners. Produce SAP cost object masterdata requests in order to meet business requirements. Distribute SAP cost reports, process material correction journal entries where required.
• Provide guidance on cost allocation principles and allocation issues raised by cost centre owners. Compile allocation basis data and prepare cost allocation matrices for approval by cost centre owners. Submit approved matrices for processing in SAP. Conduct allocation basis reviews with cost centre owners periodically.
• Provide planning templates and distribute cost planning reports and analysis for use by line management. Provide guidance & assistance to cost centre owners on the cost planning process, timeline and completion of cost planning templates. Perform a review and conduct a challenge on assumptions and process cost plan data into SAP.
• Provide support to cost centre owners on cost governance issues on a user request basis. Prepare and establish an annual cost governance plan with Groups / Departments. Provide support for cost benchmarking activities as required.
• Contribute corrective actions to achieve corporate cost targets. Provide support for cost optimisation initiatives and activities as required.
• Provide first point of contact for adhoc queries around Finance processes (e.g. funding, payment processing, business controls, etc.). Establish that relevant Company cost and expenditure regulations and controls are observed, that work is performed error-free and that system integrity is maintained.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Commerce.
• 5 years of accounting experience in a Finance Department.
• Demonstrated knowledge of accounting systems.
• Knowledge of financial recording and reporting tools.
• Proficient in written and spoken English.
• Computer literacy, including the use of spreadsheets, databases and ERP systems.
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal/external clients.
About the Company
Qatargas is a unique global energy operator in terms of size, service and reliability. The Company operates 14 Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) trains with a total annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes. This makes Qatargas the largest LNG producer in the world.
Established in 1984, Qatargas develops, produces, and markets hydrocarbons from the world’s largest non-associated natural gas field. In addition to producing LNG, Qatargas is also a leading exporter of natural gas, helium, condensate and associated products.
Today, Qatargas continues to set the benchmark in the LNG industry as it safely and reliably supplies energy to customers all over the world.
Project Accounting Accountant
Senior Venture Control Accountant
Excelsior Group ME
Dara Engineering Consultants